Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

20" Wheels on S and SX, but 18" on EX?

theDING

Reaction score
Any logic behind putting arguably a better looking wheel (20") versus the 18" on the higher Trim level EX?

I would love to get an EX but it's annoying that a lower trim level gets a 20" wheel.

Given they are all relatively same car frame dimensions across the trim levels - wonder if I could just have my dealer order the SX Black wheels for me?

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
They will fit for sure , but you'll need new tires as well , I doubt that Kia will let you custom order 20s from the factory , my experience would be an after market set up from Discount Tire or Tirerack would be much cheaper .

sburress

Reaction score
Any logic behind putting arguably a better looking wheel (20") versus the 18" on the higher Trim level EX?

I would love to get an EX but it's annoying that a lower trim level gets a 20" wheel.

Given they are all relatively same car frame dimensions across the trim levels - wonder if I could just have my dealer order the SX Black wheels for me?
I honestly don't get why as you go up in trim they take away one of the most attractive (for me at least) parts of the vehicle - 20" rims. I test drove the Telluride and the salesman didn't understand it either. I guess doing the aftermarket thing is an option on the EX but this shouldn't be needed unless you want a specific rim.

ATL3630

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I honestly don't get why as you go up in trim they take away one of the most attractive (for me at least) parts of the vehicle - 20" rims. I test drove the Telluride and the salesman didn't understand it either. I guess doing the aftermarket thing is an option on the EX but this shouldn't be needed unless you want a specific rim.
I completely agree. It doesn’t make sense unless you really want to move people to buying the higher SX trim, which to me is totally worth the extra cost, not just for the wheels, but all the other extras as well.

Going aftermarket for wheels and tires is really expensive. Like $2k. That’s about half the cost of just upgrading the the SX.

sburress

Reaction score
I completely agree. It doesn’t make sense unless you really want to move people to buying the higher SX trim, which to me is totally worth the extra cost, not just for the wheels, but all the other extras as well.

Going aftermarket for wheels and tires is really expensive. Like $2k. That’s about half the cost of just upgrading the the SX.
Well ATL, I guess that's one way to look at it......just sucks that you have to jump thru hoops to get a really nice EX to look good (great) from the exterior. The SX is really nice so if that's one of the reasons for Kia to have the 18s on the EX then I guess it's a smart move for the most part. And yes, aftermarket wheels/tires is expensive.

westcoastTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Use the 18" wheels for winter rubber and get the 20s for new rubber for summer ...................cant imagine theres much of a market for OEM Kia wheels , I'll be in a similar situation here in Canada , I will get an SX LTD but they come with horrible 20" wheels ....................sucks

Trickyvic

Reaction score

Dealers are putting aftermarket TSW Sebring 20” black Sport wheels from Discount Tires ($1400 set ) then marking them up more than double. Check out Discount Tire Website.5B9A3654-6F92-4324-A1FD-00F691C70BB1.jpeg

Jasondorin

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
agree that its weird how they did the options. Same for captain chairs are standard on the lower models too. We have the EX, but do wish we had the black rims as it looks cool with the Moss green as someone above is showing

Danielpc

Reaction score
I actually bought an EX that came with the S wheels, which is what I wanted and was going to get them aftermarket if I had to. The dealer I bought it from had them put on prior to me finding the car. I much prefer the 20" S wheels to the black SX wheels, I think it makes the vehicle look much more sophisticated and expensive and really brings out the brushed aluminum accents in the vehicle. Question though, does anyone know what the correct PSI should be for the 20's???The dealership has them at about 45-47 psi which I think is way too high. I am getting incredible fuel efficiency, nearly 30MPG on long highway drives, 26.5 mixed driving.