Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

2020 Kia Telluride TPMS sensors are available!

dngo27

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Passing this info along, for those who are thinking about aftermarket wheels.

I called my dealer, King Kia of Gaithersburg, and verified with the parts department that the TPMS sensors are available for immediate order. They cost $59 each and can be shipped within 2 days.

I prefer buying separate sensors and leaving the original set within the original wheels and tires. I hope that they are auto-sensing like they were in my old 2014 Acura MDX. I have a set of Axis Model 5 19 x 8 graphites that I will test fit this weekend. I am confident its the same 5x114 bolt pattern. We'll see!

dngo27

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Update.

I went to my dealer yesterday and ordered an extra set of TPMS sensors. They should arrive tomorrow.

With that said, I had the service manager check with the technicians and they stated that the sensors are auto-learning. Which means they won't need to be programmed into the ECU. Once they arrive, I'll test them on my spare set of wheels that actually fit Telly perfectly. Still deciding on new wheels or just use my current aftermarket wheels.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

dngo27

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
fyi, i can confirm that the TPMS sensors are auto learning. i had to drive the car for about 5 minutes before the car picked up the new sensors and pressues. FTW!!

alfman

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm new to buying after market wheels. I'm planning to get black wheels to replace the stock 20 inch wheels that come with the S-trim.

So it's best practice to get a new set of TPMS sensors from Kia for use with the new wheels?

dngo27

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm new to buying after market wheels. I'm planning to get black wheels to replace the stock 20 inch wheels that come with the S-trim.

So it's best practice to get a new set of TPMS sensors from Kia for use with the new wheels?
hey alfman,

it depends on your situation. if you're reusing the tires, then just move the stock tpms sensors to the new wheels.

since i went to a different tire and wheels size, i went ahead and got new sensors so this way i left the original tire/wheel with the sensors intact.

alfman

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
hey alfman,

it depends on your situation. if you're reusing the tires, then just move the stock tpms sensors to the new wheels.

since i went to a different tire and wheels size, i went ahead and got new sensors so this way i left the original tire/wheel with the sensors intact.
Got it. Thanks!

utmeep

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Has anyone looked for non OEM sensors for the Telluride yet? I know when I bought winter wheels for my Lexus IS350, the aftermarket TPMS sensors were much cheaper and have held up just fine for many years.
If you look up the part number on eBay or amazon you'll find aftermarket ones.. The ones they use for the telluride are also used on other Hyundai /Kia vehicles.