No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

2021 Sorento Official Photos

OaktownACE

Reaction score
Some LCD panels don't have great software behind them. As you said, unless there is a lot of customization available, I really don't see the big deal. I personally love traditional gauges with an info screen in the middle. But I'd welcome an advanced LCD panel. Based on what's in the palisade, I'll pass. And I hate the counter clockwise tachometer.
It's interesting. My wife loved the "real" gauges on the Telluride vs the LCD displays we saw in the Mercedes, BMW. I thought the Mercedes instrument cluster screen was beautiful but she didn't care for it. I read somewhere that the Telluride SX has the blind spot camera come on between the gauges when the blinker goes on. Is this correct? Also, does the area between the gauges give the navigation as well? If so, it will work great for me.

SorentoSXL

Reaction score
It's interesting. My wife loved the "real" gauges on the Telluride vs the LCD displays we saw in the Mercedes, BMW. I thought the Mercedes instrument cluster screen was beautiful but she didn't care for it. I read somewhere that the Telluride SX has the blind spot camera come on between the gauges when the blinker goes on. Is this correct? Also, does the area between the gauges give the navigation as well? If so, it will work great for me.
Yes to both questions. Only on the SX trim though

SorentoSXL

Reaction score
Yes to both questions. Only on the SX trim though
Actually, I may stand corrected. I think the EX may have Navi prompts in the center display as well. The screen is just smaller. Keep in mind, the prompts only appear when using the factory nav system. If you use Android Auto or Carplay, you won't get that functionality.

MarcinTexas

Reaction score
The current Telluride and Sorento share the same steering wheel. I am hopeful that the 2021 Telluride will also share the same steering wheel as the upcoming 2021 Sorento. I love the updated look. Can't wait to see what changes the 2021 Telluride will have.

YEH

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
This is nicer inside than the Telluride, in my opinion. Lots more soft touch surfaces and the seats look incredible!
Some of the touch-points look nicer, but the Telluride's dash design is nicer/more elegant.

Still, as far as interiors of Kia CUVs/SUVs go, nothing beats the F/L Mohave.

SorentoSXL

Reaction score
Some of the touch-points look nicer, but the Telluride's dash design is nicer/more elegant.

Still, as far as interiors of Kia CUVs/SUVs go, nothing beats the F/L Mohave.
Design impressions are subjective. What will be interesting to compare is how Kia builds world cars vs N.A. only cars. It's no secret the models that are America only car built to a lower "standard" if you will compared to ones that will be sold in Europe and certain parts of SE Asia (across all makes). Look at would VW gives us with the Atlas or Passat compared to what they used to give us.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

SorentoSXL

Reaction score

If you don't need the 3rd row, this is probably the better bet. We'll done Kia. 277hp and 310 lbs-ft out the 2.5 turbo with lighter weight and wider tires than the Telly? This thing should be a great drive!