No soliciting permitted.

2022 Wrapped Emblem Photos

AJH2206

Reaction score
I picked up my 2022 Ebony Black/Black SX Nightfall two weeks ago. I tried to Hyperdip (different type of Plastidip) the emblems myself, but I am not a DIYer and it did not come out well (edges were not crisp and some uneven covering). I decided to spend the $50 and have the emblems vinyl wrapped (gloss black) at a professional detailer. Very happy with the results and this is what I expected and wanted the vehicle to look like from the start. Pictures attached.

Any questions about the process or the car itself, feel free to ask.

Attachments

• 13C04103-9F16-427A-BA5D-3CAD8768FC01.jpeg
    13C04103-9F16-427A-BA5D-3CAD8768FC01.jpeg
    374.8 KB · Views: 292
  • CA4932A2-D828-4F75-8104-EE78961A1038.jpeg
    CA4932A2-D828-4F75-8104-EE78961A1038.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 289
  • A92480B3-97A9-4473-8601-F856939866DD.jpeg
    A92480B3-97A9-4473-8601-F856939866DD.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 3FB5733E-5D7F-4447-8558-73B327CA2053.jpeg
    3FB5733E-5D7F-4447-8558-73B327CA2053.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 273
  • 843C6182-55F2-4139-8FFE-D38C8C9E3ABA.jpeg
    843C6182-55F2-4139-8FFE-D38C8C9E3ABA.jpeg
    296 KB · Views: 282

Familyman20

Reaction score
I picked up my 2022 Ebony Black/Black SX Nightfall two weeks ago. I tried to Hyperdip (different type of Plastidip) the emblems myself, but I am not a DIYer and it did not come out well (edges were not crisp and some uneven covering). I decided to spend the $50 and have the emblems vinyl wrapped (gloss black) at a professional detailer. Very happy with the results and this is what I expected and wanted the vehicle to look like from the start. Pictures attached.

Definitely worth the $50. Lol Now spray those tips! đź‘Ť

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ceenote

Reaction score
Looks good brotha! Well worth it..

Guinner16

Reaction score
Looks good. Think I am going to have mine painted soon. Sadly after two days I have to take mine in the body shop for wheel repair. 50 miles on it and a truck in front of me decided to drop bricks and lumber on the road in front of me. Minor damage to the rims, but may as well have the emblems painted while in the shop.

TowNkids

Reaction score
Wow! Looks amazing. I’m North Cali. I’m not familiar w/ this. Can most professional detailers provide this service?

AJH2206

Reaction score
Wow! Looks amazing. I’m North Cali. I’m not familiar w/ this. Can most professional detailers provide this service?
Thanks! I reached out to one detailing place near me and they did not do emblems, but they had a referral to another shop that focused on tinting and wrapping. They had me send over pictures and said they could do it no problem. I dropped it off over lunch and picked it up an hour later. He said the wrap would last around 6 years, or longer if I used wax, but I figure I just need it to last long enough for Kia to realize they need to make the emblem in black so I can get them switched out.

TowNkids

Reaction score
Thanks! I reached out to one detailing place near me and they did not do emblems, but they had a referral to another shop that focused on tinting and wrapping. They had me send over pictures and said they could do it no problem. I dropped it off over lunch and picked it up an hour later. He said the wrap would last around 6 years, or longer if I used wax, but I figure I just need it to last long enough for Kia to realize they need to make the emblem in black so I can get them switched out.
Awesome! Good to hear. I'll have to check it out. That's one good look'n SUV IMHO! :)

Socal949

Reaction score

Wow absolutely stunning! What a difference. Definitely the way they should have done it from the Factory NF in the first place.

ironz35

Reaction score
I haven't seen 2022 parts listings, but are the 21 and 22 grilles themselves the same dimensions? Depending on cost or someone wanted to trade, could be an easy swap for the old style with round emblem options

2XrovernowKIA

Reaction score

I see your from PA- I have same car. Can I ask who did the wrap for you?

Cjcinkc

Reaction score

Very nice!

Kyle288307

Reaction score

Did they have to remove the emblems to do the vinyl wrapping? Our Telly is white and I recall the detailer near me saying he would have to remove ours so he recommend buying a new set of emblems so they could spray and then swap them out.
Thanks

AJH2206

Reaction score
Please do
Did they have to remove the emblems to do the vinyl wrapping? Our Telly is white and I recall the detailer near me saying he would have to remove ours so he recommend buying a new set of emblems so they could spray and then swap them out.
Thanks
He did not remove them to do the vinyl wrap, and I did not really ask about technique. I suppose the edges would be cleaner if it was wrapped while removed, but he did a pretty solid job getting the wrap to form all the way to the edge. I’m not really sure what the dealer is talking about with the spray, the wrap I had done just involved the vinyl and a heat source.

ccallana

Reaction score
Is it wrapped all the way around the edges down the paint surface on the rear? I can't tell in the photos due to the glare - wondering if the silver shows around the edges...