No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

2nd row center console idea for 7-seater

Alohatl

Reaction score
Hi All, wanted to see if anyone is considering or have an idea of adding a 2nd row center console for the 7-seater. My kids love to play the magnetic chess board during the ride, but missing something in the middle is not convenient (at least for them :) ). Thanks.

rwhite4573

Reaction score
Hi All, wanted to see if anyone is considering or have an idea of adding a 2nd row center console for the 7-seater. My kids love to play the magnetic chess board during the ride, but missing something in the middle is not convenient (at least for them :) ). Thanks.

That would be nice. I don't know of anything right now. If you find something I would be interested.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’m glad I’m not the only person who has thought about this! I’ve been on a search for a Universal one that would fit and still look decent for long trips. I found the TSI Products 54211 is just a little too long but the width and height work. Another company named Rampage makes ones for trucks and minivans that has a flat bottom. Rubbermaid also makes some various sizes that aren’t too expensive.

Last edited:
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The Rubbermaid is an interesting design as it it is modular: Rubbermaid Mobile 3376-00. (And one can never have enough USB charge ports 😄). The problem with the Rubbermaid is that because of the arm rests on the captains chairs and the 10” width you have to slide the chairs all the way back, not use the arm rests and it still might hang over the front a little. Plus you can’t easily get to the third row. Might be a suitable option if you have the third row down and just carrying 4 passengers.

Last edited:

Alohatl

Reaction score
I also want to see if there is like a custom swingout table that can be stored on the side when it’s not in used. A step toward making the Telluride as a ‘camping vehicle’. Worse case, maybe just put a small folding table in the middle! ;)

bogie

Reaction score
Would also be nice to find something that could cover the space when the captain's chairs were folded down and store neatly when chairs are up...

Wildcatt76

Reaction score
I actually have a cooler that fits nicely between the two seats, great for road trips. Doubles as an arm rest junk holder with the lid flipped.