Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

2wd in the telluride

Metricpowersports

Reaction score
Hello everyone, im new to this forum and forums in general so I’m giving this a shot. I traded my 4wd Ram 1500 for a fwd telluride. My question is if anyone has off road or towing experiences with this certain model the LX. I purchased mine with small dings and scratches in the rear (no big deal) may be getting a tow hitch installed for the inconvenience (was going to purchase one anyway). How would this do launching a boat, towing atv trailers on bumpy dirt roads and the occasional muddy areas. I’m not asking wether it can handle it or not I want to know how well will it handle it? Front wheelers are generally pretty outstanding for normal mild off road use but the telluride being so new I can’t find anyone’s experience with it.

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I took mine to a muddy dirt bike track and went over a few jumps...didn’t get stuck even in foot deep mud. Even got some decent air on some of the jumps.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Ironraptor4

Reaction score
How would this do launching a boat, towing atv trailers on bumpy dirt roads and the occasional muddy areas. I’m not asking wether it can handle it or not I want to know how well will it handle it? Front wheelers are generally pretty outstanding for normal mild off road use but the telluride being so new I can’t find anyone’s experience with it.
I have an FWD LX with the factory tow kit installed, and am towing a 2500lb boat. The ramp I use is fairly steep and slippery and compared to the Highlander I previously owned, I felt confident both backing down the ramp and pulling the boat out of the water. No issues whatsoever with wheel spin and plenty of pulling power.