No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

3rd row middle headrest stuck!

Alohatl

Reaction score
My kids turned the 3rd row middle headrest around and insert it, and now I can’t remove it. :rolleyes:

I want to see if anyone can take a picture of the headrest arms and so I can see why it is getting stuck. Thanks.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

tyson3371

Reaction score
I did this after my first week of ownership. I flipped the headrest around so that it would not interfere with my car seat installation. When I finally went to turn it back around it was stuck! I worked for a few hours trying to get it out and finally found a solution. I had to use a thin but somewhat wide zip tie. I pushed it down along the shaft of the headrest until it pushed the lock out of the way. You only have to push it in about an inch or so and ill try to grab some pictures to help explain what im talking about. It was a real headache.

wgesc

Reaction score
Ok, I went by KIA and they said they would have to take back off seat.

I went home and found a simple fix for mine. If you gently pop the rear cover up (round plastic cover where the headrest shafts go in), you will find a small flat button (on the side toward door) you can press with screw driver. Once I pressed this I and the headrest release button at same time, I was able to pull my head rest out.

Alohatl

Reaction score
Yeah, I removed the 2nd row headrest and figured out the location of the lock on the left side. Then I popped the cover up to yield some space and used a tiny screwdriver to push the lock and released the arm. I think this is a Kia design thing and IMO it’s not a good one. :confused: But I can live with that. Lol!!

Attachments

G

G-604464

I did this after my first week of ownership. I flipped the headrest around so that it would not interfere with my car seat installation. When I finally went to turn it back around it was stuck! I worked for a few hours trying to get it out and finally found a solution. I had to use a thin but somewhat wide zip tie. I pushed it down along the shaft of the headrest until it pushed the lock out of the way. You only have to push it in about an inch or so and ill try to grab some pictures to help explain what im talking about. It was a real headache.
I did the exact same thing for the car seat and have yet to get it out.....

TheNip73

Reaction score
Why is everyone turning the headrest around?

Just remove it and keep it outside of the car.