Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

A disappointed Canadian snowbird

dtaylormac

Reaction score
Hello! I started out researching the Sorento and discovered the Telluride. It looked amazing online, so I went to a dealership that had one in stock and took it for a test drive. It was amazing in every way, as all of you have discovered. The problem is that we are snowbirds and spend between 5 and 6 months a year in the U.S. Our current vehicle switches seamlessly from metric to imperial units of measurements. I asked the salesperson to show me how to do this and she could not figure it out. The vehicle that I test drove was an EX, which is the entry level model in Canada.
The next day I went to a different dealership. They had an SX (middle model) and the SXL (top level Telluride). As an aside, they were not even advertising these vehicles as they cannot keep them in stock. The SX was already sold but they were hoping to hang on to the SXL so they could at least have something to show prospective customers. This one dealership had sold 14 Tellurides in the last 2 weeks!
Back to my point, the salesperson again went through all the menus and could not figure it out. We went through the manual, and there was not help there. After considerable time, she concluded that there is no way to change from km to miles, from L/100 km to mpg or from km/hour to mph. As for speed, yes we could read the inner scale on the analog speedometer when we are in the U.S. but the digits are very small and difficult to read. But in addition to that, when the speed is digitally displayed on the LCD monitor, it is always going to be in km/h. I feel this alone is a safety issue when travelling south of the border.
This might not seem like a big deal to most people but it is to us. And I cannot figure out how KIA can miss this. I am borrowing an aging 2000 Buick LeSabre and with one button I can change everything from metric to imperial. I have written Consumer Affairs at Kia Canada and it will be interesting to see if they get back to me. In the meantime I am going to hold off purchasing anything. If no change is in the works, I guess I will be forced to consider the Hyundai Palisade when it comes out in the summer. Thanks for listening. And for all those who have purchased a Telluride, enjoy your great ride!!

ColMo

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have an SX Prestige on Order - so I can’t tell first hand - but I have downloaded manual - under the LCD display - User Settings - Other - See (if equipped) - Speed Unit - shows mph or km/h is selectable
008E87A8-1D5A-4368-8A6B-7A3D45C4A43A.png

Realretroguy

Reaction score
It's in the LCD Display mode you control from your steering wheel under "Other features" you cna change the temperature and speed to metric from there eh. (Culdn't resist the "eh")

FireMartZ

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You can change it in the navigation settings (on the multimedia screen, not the screen in between the gauges). From there, you pick either miles or km and this will switch vehicle odometer (mi/km), fuel consumption (mpg,L/100) and navigation instructions.

When I picked my (canadian) SX, it showed miles and mpg. I took me some time to find the settings in the navigation setup. I was looking in the LCD settings too.

Last edited:

Val

Reaction score
I have a Dark moss with grey interior telluride and want to preserves my leather seats. Does anyone know where I can buy seat covers for them?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.