Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

AC Leak. AC Issues

Fonzie

Reaction score
I want to start off by saying my wife and I really like this SUV. We waited and did our research before we bought the Telluride S model. Well, we have 400 miles on it and the AC started blowing hot air and gray smoke came out from under the engine and it smelled like Freon. Well its been at the KIA dealership all day and they got back to me saying there is a leak in the AC and have to wait for the KIA engineers to get back to them. It's new and we understood there might be some issues but this sucks. We only had it for 7 days. My question to you is: Have any of you had issues with the AC? Thank you in advance I will keep you up to date.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry to hear … mine has been working OK, but haven't used AC too much. Let us know what Kia finds. These sort of issues are common with new vehicles. I'm sure I'll experience a bugaboo soon enuf!

ATL3630

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’ve used mine quite a lot since i live in the South. No issues so far. Sorry to hear about your problem but I’m sure Kia will get it corrected.

plutoridge

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about this and thank you for posting. Please do keep us posted with your updates. It'd be interesting to see how Kia handles these initial issues.

Fonzie

Reaction score
The KIA Dealership figured out the problem. The AC line was not installed correctly under the car. The AC leaked because of the grove in the line. The bolts holding the line were bent. Pictures attached.

Attachments

EROCK

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The KIA Dealership figured out the problem. The AC line was not installed correctly under the car. The AC leaked because of the grove in the line. The bolts holding the line were bent. Pictures attached.
Aw man whatta bummer! Glad that found that though! That’s an easy thing to miss under there!

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There’s a reason they say not to buy a first gen of any new vehicle and it’s due to stuff like this. That’s the price we pay to have the latest and greatest. Glad they got it worked out and thanks for the update in case anyone else has this issue.

Fonzie

Reaction score
There’s a reason they say not to buy a first gen of any new vehicle and it’s due to stuff like this. That’s the price we pay to have the latest and greatest. Glad they got it worked out and thanks for the update in case anyone else has this issue.
You hit the nail on the head. I asked the service department if this is an issue they are having. I was told the only thing they have come across is updating the ECU software. The AC line is the first here in Tucson, AZ and was most likely caused by a faulty install. He said those lines are hand installed. The AC line is on back order and will be in next week. This stinks.... Bought it last Monday 4/29 and have only driven it 5 days.... But hey it is what it is and its not a serious issue.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!