No soliciting permitted.

Aftermarket Fog/Driving Light mounting options

2020Telly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to come up with options on how to modify my S bumper to take fog lights and until now I’ve thinking about retrofitting to the same spot as the factory ones.

I found this option that looks very reasonable and a clean look by mounting where a front license plate goes. Nilight Heavy Duty License Plate Mount Bracket Holder with Front Bull – Nilight Led Light

My state does not require a front license plate so I don’t have the bracket but I have the two small dimples for the screw holes. Has anyone added a front license plate bracket to their Telluride themselves? Is there something to catch that makes it a sturdy connection?

Has anyone tried installing a light bar, fog lights or pods on such a bar on any vehicle? Did it look good and work well?

I don’t want to go full bull/brush bar, but I am leaning in this direction over cutting out plastic for the recessed OEM look.

Other options I have considered are mounting to the roof with magnets or the crossbars. Or adding windshield to a roof basket and mounting lights in there. I also saw a bracket that attaches to the hood in front of the wipers. But I think I want something in the front grille that can aid the headlights and not up high. I’m looking at Rigid Industries or similar SAE compliant pods or light bars.

Last edited:

MichaelD

Reaction score
I’ve been trying to come up with options on how to modify my S bumper to take fog lights and until now I’ve thinking about retrofitting to the same spot as the factory ones.

I found this option that looks very reasonable and a clean look by mounting where a front license plate goes. Nilight Heavy Duty License Plate Mount Bracket Holder with Front Bull – Nilight Led Light

My state does not require a front license plate so I don’t have the bracket but I have the two small dimples for the screw holes. Has anyone added a front license plate bracket to their Telluride themselves? Is there something to catch that makes it a sturdy connection?

Has anyone tried installing a light bar, fog lights or pods on such a bar on any vehicle? Did it look good and work well?

I don’t want to go full bull/brush bar, but I am leaning in this direction over cutting out plastic for the recessed OEM look.

Other options I have considered are mounting to the roof with magnets or the crossbars. Or adding windshield to a roof basket and mounting lights in there. I also saw a bracket that attaches to the hood in front of the wipers. But I think I want something in the front grille that can aid the headlights and not up high. I’m looking at Rigid Industries or similar SAE compliant pods or light bars.
Following, my auto custom shop suggested I put a light bar that perfectly fits in the grille over the license plate, it would entail cutting but they think it would be a sleek look.

2020Telly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Following, my auto custom shop suggested I put a light bar that perfectly fits in the grille over the license plate, it would entail cutting but they think it would be a sleek look.
I think that would look really nice but I’m worried by not having it lower and on the sides I would get the coverage I’m hoping for. I guess if you have a long enough bar and point it down it might work.

Related, I found the is on eBay: 1609438448084.png
If someone made bright clear/white lights mounted integrated into the grille might be cool.

qwikhit

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
That’s a cool look

MichaelD

Reaction score
I think that would look really nice but I’m worried by not having it lower and on the sides I would get the coverage I’m hoping for. I guess if you have a long enough bar and point it down it might work.

Related, I found the is on eBay: View attachment 14150
If someone made bright clear/white lights mounted integrated into the grille might be cool.
That’s actually a good point, I guess it would almost have to be angled down which would probably look wonky af. I like those lights that fit in the grille cutouts for sure.

2020Telly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Found something in Ebay that looks promising:

Also found a bull bar with a built in spot for an led bar:
CF95A543-3B01-42A6-A5BE-A10A2D33D3F4.jpeg

Last edited:

Pepsi

Reaction score
has anybody installed the kit found on ebay and if so how did turn out? Did the kit have everything needed ,can you send pictures. The kits are out of stock so telly people must be buying them up so can someone tell how the kit works out on the telly ? Thanks.

RobertM

Reaction score
has anybody installed the kit found on ebay and if so how did turn out? Did the kit have everything needed ,can you send pictures. The kits are out of stock so telly people must be buying them up so can someone tell how the kit works out on the telly ? Thanks.
Curious as well if anyone bought this kit on EBay. I am watching it so can order when in stock again.

Marion

Reaction score
Will these aftermarket fog lights help for visibility when making a turn at night. Have a 2021 Telluride S...didn't come with fog lights. I have read that if my car did come with fog lights they would automatically turn on when I make that turn and help with visibility. Can anyone confirm that it does in fact help with visibility?
Can a dealer retro fit these fog lights and make them work automatically? I was thinking of replacing my halogen headlights with LED lights but I live in snow county and a friend who did this on a pickup truck said that visibility is much worse when driving if it is snowing.

Tellthemride

Reaction score
Will these aftermarket fog lights help for visibility when making a turn at night. Have a 2021 Telluride S...didn't come with fog lights. I have read that if my car did come with fog lights they would automatically turn on when I make that turn and help with visibility. Can anyone confirm that it does in fact help with visibility?
Can a dealer retro fit these fog lights and make them work automatically? I was thinking of replacing my halogen headlights with LED lights but I live in snow county and a friend who did this on a pickup truck said that visibility is much worse when driving if it is snowing.
Replied to a similar question in another thread. Short answer, replacing bulbs can help with distance of the light output, but it won’t really change the width and height of the beam pattern for hills and curves. OEM fogs provide minimal benefit for width, but do not compare to adaptive/cornering lights.

Post in thread 'Poor illumination of headlights'
Poor illumination of headlights

MichaelD

Reaction score
Hey guys, my custom shop came up with the idea you see here. The light bar is mounted behind the grill. No cutting, no body work, and it literally illuminates the road like day time. I will try and add some better driving shots.

Attachments

• AA8F5DA7-FC1B-4414-B71C-3537B6A99837.jpeg
    AA8F5DA7-FC1B-4414-B71C-3537B6A99837.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 6201D53B-BF54-451A-ABC3-A23D85EB8A27.jpeg
    6201D53B-BF54-451A-ABC3-A23D85EB8A27.jpeg
    126.9 KB · Views: 13

RobertM

Reaction score
Hey guys, my custom shop came up with the idea you see here. The light bar is mounted behind the grill. No cutting, no body work, and it literally illuminates the road like day time. I will try and add some better driving shots.
No concern about overheating as you blocked that are and the light barn will give off heat. Looks cool. Did you add a switch or tie them in with the headlights? You have a model number fir the light bar they used? Did they have to take the bumper off

MichaelD

Reaction score
No concern about the overheating at all. There are on a separate switch and the brand is ROUGH COUNTRY 30" LED LIGHT BAR (70930BD)

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

MichaelD

Reaction score
It’s honestly much brighter than I expected lol.