Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Aftermarket Wheels for the Telluride

Fortune

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
anybody planning on wheels for their Telluride? the stock 20s are only 7.5" wide from something I've read... i want to order some rims before my Telluride arrives so i can put them on right away, but im trying to figure out what i can fit... i found a set i want, now i just need to figure out how wide i can go... and whether or not to jump up to 22s. i was looking at 20x9, or 20x10.5, but now im thinking maybe 22x9.5...thoughts?

dngo27

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
hey fortune!

I am also looking to do an aftermarket wheel setup. Do you have the SX coming?

If so, why dont you wait and see how you like the stock wheels? if you go 9.5 wide, i would also go to a wider tire, like a 265 or 275. that would also help give it a beefier look.

- Dave

2020 Kia Telluride (current)
2015 Mustang GT (current)
2014 Acura MDX
2014 Lexus GS350
2014 Honda Accord EX V6
2013 Mazdaspeed 3
2006 Suzuki SV650S
2006 Suzuki SV650
2006 Mazda Miata
2006 Lexus IS250
2001 Honda Accord
1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder

dngo27

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
hey guys! I purchased the EX model and cant stand the silver OEM rims. Any luck finding any links to wheels?
hey guys! I purchased the EX model and cant stand the silver OEM rims. Any luck finding any links to wheels?
yo! brandon, check out discount tire direct. they have the telluride listed. tire rack doesnt have it listed yet.

dngo27

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
this past weekend, i did a test fit of my old Axis Model 5 and they fit perfectly. the specs are 19 x 8.5, 114.3 bolt pattern, 35 offset. i am still deciding if i wanna use this wheel set or get new ones. decisions, decisions, decisions. LOL!370

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

dngo27

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Im noticing that most 20 in wheels on the site show 20 X 8.5. If i opted for the 20 X 10 would that just be a wider wheel? Sorry im totally new to purchasing wheels
hey brandon, correct 20 x 10 would be a 10 inch wide wheel. you'll need a pretty wide tire to fill that wide of a wheel. i think 20 x 10 would be overkill. a 20 x 8.5 wheel would go well with a 265 width tire. the stock 20 is only 7.5 inches wide running a 245 width tire.

on a related note, not all wheels are made by the same construction process.

avoid any wheel that is gravity cast, these are the weakest wheels. one bad pothole, and it will crack, a huge safety problem.

here's a simple list of wheel construction. there are others but these are the main constructions.

1. gravity cast - AVOID!!
2. low pressure cast - good
3. low pressure cast with flow formed or rotary forged - better
4. forged - best but super expensive.

wiscobrandon

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
hey brandon, correct 20 x 10 would be a 10 inch wide wheel. you'll need a pretty wide tire to fill that wide of a wheel. i think 20 x 10 would be overkill. a 20 x 8.5 wheel would go well with a 265 width tire. the stock 20 is only 7.5 inches wide running a 245 width tire.

on a related note, not all wheels are made by the same construction process.

avoid any wheel that is gravity cast, these are the weakest wheels. one bad pothole, and it will crack, a huge safety problem.

here's a simple list of wheel construction. there are others but these are the main constructions.

1. gravity cast - AVOID!!
2. low pressure cast - good
3. low pressure cast with flow formed or rotary forged - better
4. forged - best but super expensive.
Last question for this thread, when changing from 18in to 20in will i need to go to Kia to have the speedometer calibrated?

dngo27

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Last question for this thread, when changing from 18in to 20in will i need to go to Kia to have the speedometer calibrated?
hi brandon,

if you go with a 20 inch wheel, you'll need new tires. i suggest either the stock size of 245/50/20 or slightly wider 255/50/20. you won't need to calibrate the speedo. the wider 255 tire will only be off 1% on your speedo. for example, if your speedo reads 70mph, you're actually going 70.9 mph. a tiny difference.

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
this past weekend, i did a test fit of my old Axis Model 5 and they fit perfectly. the specs are 19 x 8.5, 114.3 bolt pattern, 35 offset. i am still deciding if i wanna use this wheel set or get new ones. decisions, decisions, decisions. LOL!View attachment 370
I like them... Im not a fan of the factory 18s. Damn I wish the Everlasting Silver came with the Grey interior. That's the nicest color IMO