Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Air re-circulation button turns off very frequently.

Prado

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and KIA Telluride is my first SUV.Recently I tried playing around with some climate control settings.
After that even when I'm in manual mode (Auto off, AC on, air flow facing front passenger) and then try to turn on the air re-circulation button on (to avoid the smog smell near signals) the button turns off and draws outside air.
This is really annoying me especially during peak traffic hours running bumper to bumper.I can't keep pressing the re-circulation button every time it switches back to draw outside air.
I have read this similar issue with other KIA vehicles as well.Tried reaching out the KIA customer affairs and learnt that its working the way its designed as its a vehicle with advanced technology.
Please help me if any other in this forum was able to fix this issue.

Mavtek

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it's working the way it's designed, but recirculate on many vehicles is not available when defrost is selected, I wonder if that could be the issue.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I know on the stinger, it will revert back to fresh air after a couple minutes. It is designed that way to keep windows from fogging and fresh air levels in the interior higher. There was a big section in the owner's manual about it. You can turn that off though with a combination of button pushing/holding. I'm sure it's probably the same with the Tellurdie. It was also like this with the Optima according to owners of that car.

Shakodag

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There is a setting for auto dehumidify in the climate settings under automatic ventilation. When it is turned on, it will automatically switch back to fresh air after an extended use of recirc. Then that off, and you should be able to use recirc to your heart’s content. 👍

Member Support

Please keep ths community Ad Free with a Supporting Member account today! For as little as $0.05 per day, you can keep this community online and ad free. CLICK HERE to send your support!