Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Alexa

CGeorge

Reaction score
Are you saying you can start the KT with voice command using the Alexa APP? What voice command did you use? I used various, including “have UVO start my car“ but Alexa appeared very confused.
In your Alexa App you can set commands. For instance when I say Good Morning Alexa, I programmed her to tell me the traffic on the way to work, the weather and any alerts or reminders even my grocery list. On your phone when you open the Alexa app in the bottom of the screen is a circle, you can select it and talk to Alexa via the App.

This here is from another forum
“start your Kia Telluride with any Echo device from Amazon.

You can enable it on your Echo from this page Amazon.com: UVO: Alexa Skills or via your App

Do all of the above and more with just the power of your voice by getting the UVO Skill by Kia. The UVO Skill enables your Alexa devices to perform the following remote commands on select Kias:

• Remote Start/Stop Engine
• Remote Climate Control
• Remote Charge Start/Stop
• Remote Horn and Lights
• Remote Lock

Current vehicles compatible with Alexa:
• Telluride – select trims
• Niro EV
• Optima Hybrid (MY2020+)
• Sportage – select trims (MY2020+)
• Soul – select trims (MY2020+)
• Optima – select trims (MY2019+)
• Niro Plug-In Hybrid (MY2018+)
• Soul EV (MY2017+)
• Optima Plug-In Hybrid (MY2017+)
• K900 (MY2016+)”

Source: https://www.tellurideforum.org/threads/you-can-start-your-telluride-with-alexa-skills-via-echo.494/

CGeorge

Reaction score
For shits and giggles... I tried this and....it worked. I was in the house and the vehicle was about 200+ feet over in the outside garage. I just told Alexa to tell UVO to start it and set the temp at 72. My son was in the garage and it startled him. T-Ride started and it was set on ....72
Modern Technology, you gotta love it..

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I did all of this through help at KIA... First... I was told to do this through Google Chrome. I connects better I guess... I am old school I guess...I have IE as well as Firefox and Chrome. Once I used Chrome... it set up easily.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You need to add the UVO skill fhrough the skills section of your Alexa App.
I already installed the UVO skill and have successfully started the car using an ECHO device. I was trying to start the car using voice through the ALEXA APP on the iphone. Are you saying are are able to start using the ALEXA APP?

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
On Android you can, don't know about the iphone..on the main screen for Aexa app it has a blue circle which let's you use the app to do anything that the echo can do.

CGeorge

Reaction score
I already installed the UVO skill and have successfully started the car using an ECHO device. I was trying to start the car using voice through the ALEXA APP on the iphone. Are you saying are are able to start using the ALEXA APP?
I hope this helps.

Attachments

GrumpDaddyB

Reaction score
On your Alexa phone app, once you set up your voice, you press the blue button at the bottom of the screen. The screen will appear as dark transparent black with an x at the bottom with a blue line ar the bottom. You then speak the command without saying Alexa. Example: tell UVO to start my car and set temperature to 73 degrees. It will ask for your pin and that's how it works. I am using an Android phone, I assume it works the same on an Apple phone. Good luck.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have the same question. I never really go UVO working on my SX anyway. I'd get a subscription to integrate all this.
First year UVO subscription (US) is free for all trim. You need to activate it.

If you activated UVO but still having troubles with your UVO APP, I doubt ALEXA app will work.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

itschris

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I've never determined if I have the right APP or not. I do have KIA Access app which is connected and tell me my mileage, where my car is, doors locked/unlocked etc. I also have a UVO app... I believe my screen in my car says it's activated but the app only shows me this screen. Either I have the wrong app, I'm doing something wrong... or it's just not working in my car. These are my screens... the first is the landing page for my UVO app... the second is what it opens to when I log in. I've gone through the setup process using USB. The last is making sure I have the right app to begin with.
KIA-1.jpgKIA-2.jpgKIA-3.png

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The access app is the one you want. When you go to the alexa skills, search for UVO..it will only come up with one result, use that one, it will ask you to log into kia uvo, once that's done, it will ask you for a pin, make up a 4 digit pin, then you are done and can ask Alexa to start your car and set temps, lock and unlock doors, etc.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I've never determined if I have the right APP or not. I do have KIA Access app which is connected and tell me my mileage, where my car is, doors locked/unlocked etc. I also have a UVO app... I believe my screen in my car says it's activated but the app only shows me this screen. Either I have the wrong app, I'm doing something wrong... or it's just not working in my car. These are my screens... the first is the landing page for my UVO app... the second is what it opens to when I log in. I've gone through the setup process using USB. The last is making sure I have the right app to begin with.
View attachment 4222View attachment 4223View attachment 4224
If I remember correctly, you not only have to get an account but you need to actually activate UV from the Infotainment Screen. Can't remember which menu but I think there is an UVO icon somewhere is the settings menu.

itschris

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I apparently was working with the wrong app. I initially got the KIA Access app, but also downloaded the UVO app which I then tried to setup via the car. It just never worked and I always got a weird error message on the cars screen. I am now able to remote start my Telluride from my phone. Haven't tried it with Alexa though. I'm looking to use on of those apps which consolidates commands so that I can open my garage door (via MyQ) then start my vehicle from one command given to Alexa. That would be pretty cool and a nice first world luxury. Thanks for the help guys

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
IFTTT might be able to do that if they support the apps. I can open my garage door with the garadget app, I'll have to check into that also. I have my lights throughout the house working off IFTTT on the time, gradually turns on the bedroom light starting at 9:45 and then reaches full brightness at 10:00, then gradually turns off at 10:15...I'm kind of a technology nerd, the wife isn't on board though...lol

itschris

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
IFTTT might be able to do that if they support the apps. I can open my garage door with the garadget app, I'll have to check into that also. I have my lights throughout the house working off IFTTT on the time, gradually turns on the bedroom light starting at 9:45 and then reaches full brightness at 10:00, then gradually turns off at 10:15...I'm kind of a technology nerd, the wife isn't on board though...lol
I was thinking about using this app: SimpleCommands - Access your Internet of Things and Communicate on Your Terms