Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Already been hit

Datbrowndood

Reaction score
I live in Chicago and don’t have a garage. My car has already been hit (no dents) and there’s this huge scratch on it. Car was parked and someone either backed in or side swiped me.

For those who needed to get scratches buffed out, how did u do it? Dealer? Or personnel auto shop?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mac

Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your scratch issue. The kiddos live in the north end of Chicago and I cringe every time we visit...having to park on the street. Probably 90% of the vehicles in that town have scratches and bumper rashes. Not my style...a fine town for some but you couldn’t pay me to live there. I’d try a detail shop to take care of that scratch.

Tino

Reaction score
So sorry to hear of your scratch issue. The kiddos live in the north end of Chicago and I cringe every time we visit...having to park on the street. Probably 90% of the vehicles in that town have scratches and bumper rashes. Not my style...a fine town for some but you couldn’t pay me to live there. I’d try a detail shop to take care of that scratch.
+1 on the detail shop.

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on the scratch. If it disappears when you put some water on it then it’s only the clear coat and can be bugged good as new by a detailer. If it’s through the paint I’d be calling the insurance company unfortunately.

Roberide

Reaction score
Run your fingernail over the paint parallel to the scratch and if your fingernail doesn’t get caught in the scratch it means that only the clear coat was scratched and you can use compound product and an orbital buffer ($100 all in) to essentially even out the scratch with the rest of the clear coat. I’d recommend watching some YouTube videos though and you have to polish and seal the paint afterwards. If it is too deep definitely take it to an auto paint shop.