No soliciting permitted.

Anxiously waiting to get my Telluride and have questions in the mean time

cpage

Reaction score
Hello community, thanks for having me! I just joined today and have some questions. I ordered a 2022 Telluride SX in Everlasting Silver with AWD and tow package back in August. I didn't realize then that heated steering wheel wasn't included unless I got the prestige package. Didn't really care that much since that was pretty much the only thing I cared about in the package. I feel like the HUD would be distracting to me and I have 2 little kids so the heated 2nd row would be useless since they are still in car seats. Now my wife is saying that I should have upgraded for the better seats...... Are the seats all that better then the regular SX ones? Also do other SX owners wish they had gotten the prestige package as well or I am just freaking out about nothing? Also I don't know if I can change my now anyway since I am suppose to get mine in like Nov - Dec anyway. Also I saw in this forum that the changed the infotainment to not have the 3 way split screen with an update. Does this mean that mine will have the update as well because that would stink? Lastly has anyone gotten the Xzion applied to there car from the dealer? Don't know if it is worth it or not. Thanks for any thoughts.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello community, thanks for having me! I just joined today and have some questions. I ordered a 2022 Telluride SX in Everlasting Silver with AWD and tow package back in August. I didn't realize then that heated steering wheel wasn't included unless I got the prestige package. Didn't really care that much since that was pretty much the only thing I cared about in the package. I feel like the HUD would be distracting to me and I have 2 little kids so the heated 2nd row would be useless since they are still in car seats. Now my wife is saying that I should have upgraded for the better seats...... Are the seats all that better then the regular SX ones? Also do other SX owners wish they had gotten the prestige package as well or I am just freaking out about nothing? Also I don't know if I can change my now anyway since I am suppose to get mine in like Nov - Dec anyway. Also I saw in this forum that the changed the infotainment to not have the 3 way split screen with an update. Does this mean that mine will have the update as well because that would stink? Lastly has anyone gotten the Xzion applied to there car from the dealer? Don't know if it is worth it or not. Thanks for any thoughts.

Heated steering wheel is included on all AWD EX and SX models. Not part of prestige. So, you're good there.

Leather on SX is very nice - you don't need Prestige for Nappa leather. Save the cash.

Infotainment - I can't answer - but maybe a 2022 owner near that delivery time can confirm.

Xzion - never heard of it - but I wouldn't pay much for it. Some dealers include a coating like this for revenue generation - I wouldn't pay more than $500 for it - but perhaps it can be negotiated with your dealer. I was forced to take a $500 product like that - I considered it markup - it included interior too - and ultimately I have been happy with it.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Ferg42995

Reaction score
Heated steering wheel is included in all SX.
Not if you get FWD. That is what I ordered and it only comes if you get AWD. I wanted a heated steering wheel but have no need for AWD so that would have been an expensive upgrade for just the heated steering wheel I would like only use 5 days a year! LOL

Katy_Tell

Reaction score
All good advice here. I would say, save your money for now, and use it on accessories you might want/need. Examples would be ceramic window tinting for the front driver & passenger windows. (If you live where the summers are brutal, consider clear or tinted ceramic with heat block all around, including windshield), all weather floor-mats, cargo liner, wireless CarPlay adapter, if your car will not be garaged, consider finish protection of some kind.

Never heard of Xzion. You should do a search to learn more about it.

One thing is pretty reliable, you will probably pay a lot more for dealer stuff, than you will from customizers. For example, my dealer offered ceramic window tinting for $350. I got it at a tint shop (with heat blockage) for $110, 9 months ago, and it looks great! (Front driver & passenger windows).

cpage

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the advice every body. Also does anyone have the all weather mats? Are they good or should I get the weather ones? I live in Illinois and definitely need them.

Katy_Tell

Reaction score
Thank you so much for the advice every body. Also does anyone have the all weather mats? Are they good or should I get the weather ones? I live in Illinois and definitely need them.
You are welcome. I have WeatherTech mats and cargo liner. But, if you do a search in this forum, you will see that there are several brands to choose from.

PittPa

Reaction score
If you're even asking these questions than you know the answer.

Last edited: