Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Auto Hold?

Big T

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Or does it have to be turned on (activated) each time the car is restarted?
Not sure about the Telluride, but with my BMW, it remains “on” when you stop and park because it’s also becomes the parking brake. Put the transmission in P and walk away. When you restart, it’s on and holding, just lightly press the throttle and it releases. When you again come to a stop, it holds. Great feature.

Telluride Forum

Staff member
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I use that feature constantly on the Stinger, it's an awesome feature. Ive made it part of my start up procedure. turn off stop and go, enable auto hold... it's routine now
All these features that people wish they didn't have to push a button for, "every time they get in their vehicle", become second nature to activate after a while...

LMZ

Reaction score
I have the EX model and my Auto Hold light is white when I turn on the vehicle, which from what I understand the system is in stand-by. When I stop and try the Auto Hold function, my car still creeps forward and does not remain at a complete stop. The Auto Hold light is never green; it just is off. What am I doing wrong?

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Wish it was implemented the same as my Tesla. When I want to use auto hold, I simple press the brake pedal harder and the car goes into hold mode. This way I can use it sort of on demand versus for the entire trip. Sometimes I want to creep in traffic other times I want to have the vehicle held at a stop light.

John

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have the EX model and my Auto Hold light is white when I turn on the vehicle, which from what I understand the system is in stand-by. When I stop and try the Auto Hold function, my car still creeps forward and does not remain at a complete stop. The Auto Hold light is never green; it just is off. What am I doing wrong?
Are you manually depressing the Auto Hold button on your center console by the transmission shifter? If so try pressing the break pedal harder toward the floor board to engage Auto Hold. If that does not work I would recommend taking the car to the dealership for service.

LMZ

Reaction score
John, Thank you for your help. I was not pressing the Auto Hold button on the console. I thought it was an automatic feature and I kept waiting for the light to change on the console. I did press the button and then I got the icon on my dashboard and it worked. Again, thank you; this was driving me nuts!

John

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
John, Thank you for your help. I was not pressing the Auto Hold button on the console. I thought it was an automatic feature and I kept waiting for the light to change on the console. I did press the button and then I got the icon on my dashboard and it worked. Again, thank you; this was driving me nuts!
Happy to help.

Member Support

Please keep ths community Ad Free with a Supporting Member account today! For as little as $0.05 per day, you can keep this community online and ad free. CLICK HERE to send your support!