No soliciting permitted.

Auto Hold?

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Does the Auto Hold button on the console illuminate when the Auto Hold feature is selected? My console button does not light up or give any indication the feature is activated (or not).
It shows on your instrument cluster when Auto Hold is on standby/working. Will spell out Auto Hold and be white when on standby and will turn green when actively working.

Jasman

Reaction score
Thanks Stephen, for your speedy reply! But to be clear, the Auto Hold button on the console never lights up, regardless of that feature being off, in standby, or working. Is that correct? (all of the other three surrounding buttons illuminate when selected, but not the Auto Hold)

Last edited:

Tellthemride

Reaction score
Thanks Stephen, for your speedy reply! But to be clear, the Auto Hold button on the console never lights up, regardless of that feature being off, in standby, or working. Is that correct? (all of the other three surrounding buttons illuminate when selected, but not the Auto Hold)
I think the physical button for Auto Hold is not backlit. So looking at the button alone, you cannot tell what state it is in.

Attachments

• 3A88AFAF-CBC8-4DE2-ABFD-55BBF8500198.jpeg
    3A88AFAF-CBC8-4DE2-ABFD-55BBF8500198.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 21

arattle

Solutions
Reaction score
Does the Auto Hold button on the console illuminate when the Auto Hold feature is selected? My console button does not light up or give any indication the feature is activated (or not).
No, but there's an "AUTO HOLD" indicator in the instrument panel that lights up in white when you press the button. It turns green when you are stopped and AH is actuated.

Jasman

Reaction score
I think the physical button for Auto Hold is not backlit. So looking at the button alone, you cannot tell what state it is in.
The photo you attached now makes it so clear to me. I feel like a dork for not recognizing that fact on my own - there isn’t a status indicator light on that button. Duh on me…

GJM

Reaction score
No, but there's an "AUTO HOLD" indicator in the instrument panel that lights up in white when you press the button. It turns green when you are stopped and AH is actuated.
i never noticed “Auto Hold” on the instrument panel until today and it’s lighted amber. Do you know what that means. I don’t use Auto Hold and want to turn it off but nothing happens.

SBUBandit

Reaction score
There is someone here working on a module that would allow you to choose whether the auto hold is on or off when the vehicle starts, and the same for the auto shut off. I dislike the auto shut off on most vehicles and turn it off when possible, but I HATE it on the Telluride. I find it is far to lurchy restarting. I'll definitely be disabling that.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Tellthemride

Reaction score
i never noticed “Auto Hold” on the instrument panel until today and it’s lighted amber. Do you know what that means. I don’t use Auto Hold and want to turn it off but nothing happens.
Are you sure you aren’t confusing Auto Hold for the ISG “A” symbol? Because ISG regularly turns yellow when you come to a stop and the system isn’t ready.

For Auto Hold, the indicator is usually in the cluster screen in white text when on. Turns to green text when it is braking for you at a stop. If the text is yellow, you have a malfunction.

Also to note, ISG is automatically enabled every time you drive. Auto Hold has to manually be enabled with the button every time you drive. Neither should stay illuminated yellow while in motion, which would indicate malfunction.

Attachments

• 61CDA5C8-6609-4854-8C31-D10F81B487A2.jpeg
    61CDA5C8-6609-4854-8C31-D10F81B487A2.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 13
  • E4370340-3982-4619-A155-9A8EF545327E.jpeg
    E4370340-3982-4619-A155-9A8EF545327E.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 13

GJM

Reaction score
Are you sure you aren’t confusing Auto Hold for the ISG “A” symbol? Because ISG regularly turns yellow when you come to a stop and the system isn’t ready.

For Auto Hold, the indicator is usually in the cluster screen in white text when on. Turns to green text when it is braking for you at a stop. If the text is yellow, you have a malfunction.

Also to note, ISG is automatically enabled every time you drive. Auto Hold has to manually be enabled with the button every time you drive. Neither should stay illuminated yellow while in motion, which would indicate malfunction.
No, I’m talking about the Auto Hold button. However, this week it’s not showing up at all on the dash, white, yellow or green. Which is how it’s been since we got the car, until a couple of days ago. ???

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners