No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

AWD Button?

varunaX

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do you engage the all wheel drive mode on demand? Im in canada and dont have the 'lock' button, but i see other cars have a 'AWD' button or something similar. where is the tellurides?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do you engage the all wheel drive mode on demand? Im in canada and dont have the 'lock' button, but i see other cars have a 'AWD' button or something similar. where is the tellurides?
You need to read up on the AWD system that is in the Telluride. The Canadian version is slightly different than the US version. The system is always active - it is not selectable on/off. There are different modes that attempt to send power to rear wheels vs front wheels. Read up on those modes. All info should be in manual.

blitt

Reaction score
...and WHY are there dsifferent specs for Canadian and U.S. models?? Is it government regs?

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have no idea, I'm assuming they vary them by regions for Climate and such. It's harder to find AWD models in Texas and Florida and harder to find FWD models here in Ohio and Michigan. The Stinger had an all weather package that came with the AS tires on 18" Rims instead of the performance 19" and they were prevelant up in the north but also harder to find in the south. I'm also thinking that up north you get the sand mode because they use sand up north during the winter instead of salt which would change the driving dynamics of the vehicle. Just all assumptions on my part, I could be way off.