No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Backing up at night

timbrwolf9

Reaction score
How is the visibility through the backup camera when backing up at night? Does the Telluride provide proper lighting to see?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

TxAggie

Telluride Junkie
Reaction score
The stock reverse lights are standard incandescent, dim, and give off a yellow-ish tone. For me they didn't do a very good job of illuminating the area behind the vehicle. I therefore upgraded the bulbs to LEDs and it has vastly improved the visibility. You can search on here for product recommendations and directions for replacement (videos and pictures galore).

BabyRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The stock reverse lights are standard incandescent, dim, and give off a yellow-ish tone. For me they didn't do a very good job of illuminating the area behind the vehicle. I therefore upgraded the bulbs to LEDs and it has vastly improved the visibility. You can search on here for product recommendations and directions for replacement (videos and pictures galore).
LEDs make a huge difference! Not sure why Kia cheaped out here when they have some many LEDs elsewhere.

timbrwolf9

Reaction score
LEDs make a huge difference! Not sure why Kia cheaped out here when they have some many LEDs elsewhere.
I will look into the LED lights, but even the regular ones are a HUGE improvement over my old MDX from the factory. I had an LED light kit installed at a 4WD shop so I can out the back at night.