Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Backordered SX

meabbys

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am on the waitlist for an SX. I’m told they’re on back order. The delearship can’t tell me how long, but personally they guessed maybe a month. Any input? Tips? Ideas when we might get more in???

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am on the waitlist for an SX. I’m told they’re on back order. The delearship can’t tell me how long, but personally they guessed maybe a month. Any input? Tips? Ideas when we might get more in???
Search the threads on this topic. Expect your wait to be at least 3 months

Sandy_Eggo

Reaction score
Apparently there is a 4-month backlog on pre-sold SX Prestige Package cars, so today Kia blocked off the SX Prestige Package for new orders while they work through the backlog. Orders already submitted are OK, but for now no new orders will be accepted for SX Prestige Package cars.

kegamlin

Reaction score
I ordered mine 4/4 and so far they have not even started on it yet and the dealer is not sure when they will. I was told I would a Vin # in 4 wks and my Telluride in 8wks. It has now been 10 wks and I have not heard anything besides they are running short on Nappa Leather. I am not very a happy.

ga1322

Reaction score
This is not meant to be a judgmental comment, genuinely asking for others feelings and opinions since so many are buying. What is so special about the prestige package? I see several SX available in my area w/o prestige. If it was me, I would take the SX now instead of waiting forever for a prestige package. So what’s on there that’s worth waiting for?

DRK

Reaction score
This is not meant to be a judgmental comment, genuinely asking for others feelings and opinions since so many are buying. What is so special about the prestige package? I see several SX available in my area w/o prestige. If it was me, I would take the SX now instead of waiting forever for a prestige package. So what’s on there that’s worth waiting for?
I bought a SX standard package because of long waiting for prestige. Sometimes I miss the second row heated/cooling seats when I look at my two kids. My kids don't complain about that though.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Vietvet

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

I like the extra Heat and Cooled seats, Napa Leather...even the HUD... just a few things... I took my time studying the T-Ride and the models. It was not an "accept what they throw at you" thing with me. I want what I WANT. So yes...I wait but...in the end..it will be what I ordered ...not what was thrown at me. Some of us will "settle" but some won't ....I am a WON'T. I once ordered a Brand New 1968 Corvette ( younger and dumber) So many options... would NOT settle for anything less than the 427 4 SP with air and had to be blue with black leather. Should I have settled for a lesser??? So... to me..it is worth waiting for what you want....not what someone wants you to have. If you want just the SX...go for it...It is YOUR choice and money...So I take it you went with the SX?

np86

Reaction score
I like the extra Heat and Cooled seats, Napa Leather...even the HUD... just a few things... I took my time studying the T-Ride and the models. It was not an "accept what they throw at you" thing with me. I want what I WANT. So yes...I wait but...in the end..it will be what I ordered ...not what was thrown at me. Some of us will "settle" but some won't ....I am a WON'T. I once ordered a Brand New 1968 Corvette ( younger and dumber) So many options... would NOT settle for anything less than the 427 4 SP with air and had to be blue with black leather. Should I have settled for a lesser??? So... to me..it is worth waiting for what you want....not what someone wants you to have. If you want just the SX...go for it...It is YOUR choice and money...So I take it you went with the SX?
Same. I spent a lot of time comparing the trims and packages available for each. My family needs an AWD, living in NY and traveling to upstate NY frequently. We wanted a luxurious (within a reasonable amount of $) SUV with 2nd row captains seats and solid cargo space. For us, an additional $2k provided so many upgrades you usually don't see for a reasonable price. Premium leather, HUD, power inverter, heated back seats. The wait sucks to get all these, but it seems like everyone is waiting regardless and I haven't seen any other similarly priced SUV where you get so much bang for your ($2k additional) bucks.

np86

Reaction score
To your point, I see SX available in my area, but when I inquired there was the usual dealer markup. Given that I ordered the SXP for MSRP (+ eligible rebates), it made no sense to essentially pay the same amount for an SX when I can afford to wait and get exactly what I want for the same price.

Sweteg

Reaction score
For those who have sat in both regular leather and the nappa seats, is it an obvious difference in comfort? More plush?

Thanks!

Kirkaiya

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
For me, the choice between SX and SX Prestige was partly about the color choices. I really like the Espresso brown, and not really a fan of the Dune brown. Also, I live in the Pacific NW (moderate climate), so having heated/ventilated second row was unimportant - my kids are in car seat and booster seat anyway.

If the Prestige package had an option of Espresso, I probably would have bought it anyway, because the HUD sounds cool, and the $2K doesn't bother me, but I want the color that I want more than the HUD. And the other stuff (inverter, I think) I have no use for. Hopefully skipping the Prestige package means it will come sooner as well (it's been over 4 weeks since I ordered, and no VIN yet, though).

popcrnchicken

Reaction score
Have you seen both in oe
For me, the choice between SX and SX Prestige was partly about the color choices. I really like the Espresso brown, and not really a fan of the Dune brown. Also, I live in the Pacific NW (moderate climate), so having heated/ventilated second row was unimportant - my kids are in car seat and booster seat anyway.

If the Prestige package had an option of Espresso, I probably would have bought it anyway, because the HUD sounds cool, and the $2K doesn't bother me, but I want the color that I want more than the HUD. And the other stuff (inverter, I think) I have no use for. Hopefully skipping the Prestige package means it will come sooner as well (it's been over 4 weeks since I ordered, and no VIN yet, though).
Have you seen both in person? They are pretty similar. The most difference I’ve seen is the espresso options makes the whole interior brown.

Kirkaiya

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Have you seen both in oe

Have you seen both in person? They are pretty similar. The most difference I’ve seen is the espresso options makes the whole interior brown.
I haven't seen the Espresso in person, just in videos and photos that people have posted online. I did notice that it's not as dark as on the Kia website, but it's still noticeably darker than the Dune. I also like the brown interior and light-color headliner it comes with. I wish the seats were the same rich brown as the Volvo XC90 T6 I test drove, but cèst la vié.