No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Bad Dealer Experience Turned Good?

DanPorges

Reaction score
So I had posted in the Bad Dealer thread about my experience at Wagner Kia of Shrewsbury. I also received a follow up customer service email from the GM and chose to respond with a very harsh and firmly worded, but professional email.
Got a call today from the GM directly offering to put my name on one of his two inbound, unclaimed, SXP-Tow cars due in towards the end of December. He still wont sell me the Ebony one in the showroom, but he has a Copper over Dune and a Moss over Dune inbound and is offering me MSRP minus all Kia incentives if I put a deposit on them now.

I have to say I am probably crazy to even second guess it and will likely go get it done. Need to see those colors in person though as they were not the ones I had intended to buy.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I had posted in the Bad Dealer thread about my experience at Wagner Kia of Shrewsbury. I also received a follow up customer service email from the GM and chose to respond with a very harsh and firmly worded, but professional email.
Got a call today from the GM directly offering to put my name on one of his two inbound, unclaimed, SXP-Tow cars due in towards the end of December. He still wont sell me the Ebony one in the showroom, but he has a Copper over Dune and a Moss over Dune inbound and is offering me MSRP minus all Kia incentives if I put a deposit on them now.

I have to say I am probably crazy to even second guess it and will likely go get it done. Need to see those colors in person though as they were not the ones I had intended to buy.
Both are awesome options. We have Moss / Dune - which you can see in forum pics. Very elegant. If you want more black, then go with the Copper with Dune - that color is only offered on SX trims - has a nice sparkle in sunlight but otherwise looks black. You can't go wrong with either. The Dune brings the dark headliner which will look great with the Black Copper and Dune.

Last edited:

Wap52

Black Copper SXP AWD Dune Brown with Towing
Reaction score
Both are awesome options. We have Moss / Dune - which you can see in forum pics. Very elegant. If you want more black, then go with the Copper with Dune - that color is only offered on SX trims - has a nice sparkle in sunlight but otherwise looks black. You can't go wrong with either. The Dune brings the dark headliner which will look great with the Black Copper.
Either is worth waiting on. Your choice and let me warn you get ready to wash the Black copper cause it looks so good you want to keep it clean. Had mine since late June and love it. If you can afford as soon as you take ownership get it wrapped or at least ceramic coated. I have already got 2 small rock chips and they show up on the Black cooper like a spec of dirt. If not wrapping ask the dealer to order you a paint stick of which ever color you choose. Good Luck on your choice and welcome to the forum and be safe in your travels.

DanPorges

Reaction score
So I went back today with my trade and sat with the manager. A little more pressure and he ended up caving and giving me the same price on the Ebony/Dune one in the showroom. The only caveat was he had already installed a clear bra which I didn’t really want, but I paid cost and signed the paperwork.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!