No soliciting permitted.

Bad Dealer Experience Turned Good?

DanPorges

Reaction score
So I had posted in the Bad Dealer thread about my experience at Wagner Kia of Shrewsbury. I also received a follow up customer service email from the GM and chose to respond with a very harsh and firmly worded, but professional email.
Got a call today from the GM directly offering to put my name on one of his two inbound, unclaimed, SXP-Tow cars due in towards the end of December. He still wont sell me the Ebony one in the showroom, but he has a Copper over Dune and a Moss over Dune inbound and is offering me MSRP minus all Kia incentives if I put a deposit on them now.

I have to say I am probably crazy to even second guess it and will likely go get it done. Need to see those colors in person though as they were not the ones I had intended to buy.

jw_tx21

SUSTAINING MEMBER
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
So I had posted in the Bad Dealer thread about my experience at Wagner Kia of Shrewsbury. I also received a follow up customer service email from the GM and chose to respond with a very harsh and firmly worded, but professional email.
Got a call today from the GM directly offering to put my name on one of his two inbound, unclaimed, SXP-Tow cars due in towards the end of December. He still wont sell me the Ebony one in the showroom, but he has a Copper over Dune and a Moss over Dune inbound and is offering me MSRP minus all Kia incentives if I put a deposit on them now.

I have to say I am probably crazy to even second guess it and will likely go get it done. Need to see those colors in person though as they were not the ones I had intended to buy.
Both are awesome options. We have Moss / Dune - which you can see in forum pics. Very elegant. If you want more black, then go with the Copper with Dune - that color is only offered on SX trims - has a nice sparkle in sunlight but otherwise looks black. You can't go wrong with either. The Dune brings the dark headliner which will look great with the Black Copper and Dune.

Last edited:

Wap52

Black Copper SXP AWD Dune Brown with Towing
Reaction score
Both are awesome options. We have Moss / Dune - which you can see in forum pics. Very elegant. If you want more black, then go with the Copper with Dune - that color is only offered on SX trims - has a nice sparkle in sunlight but otherwise looks black. You can't go wrong with either. The Dune brings the dark headliner which will look great with the Black Copper.
Either is worth waiting on. Your choice and let me warn you get ready to wash the Black copper cause it looks so good you want to keep it clean. Had mine since late June and love it. If you can afford as soon as you take ownership get it wrapped or at least ceramic coated. I have already got 2 small rock chips and they show up on the Black cooper like a spec of dirt. If not wrapping ask the dealer to order you a paint stick of which ever color you choose. Good Luck on your choice and welcome to the forum and be safe in your travels.

DanPorges

Reaction score
So I went back today with my trade and sat with the manager. A little more pressure and he ended up caving and giving me the same price on the Ebony/Dune one in the showroom. The only caveat was he had already installed a clear bra which I didn’t really want, but I paid cost and signed the paperwork.

jthomas33

Reaction score
Can I ask what you paid? I just got quoted $53995 (inc. rebate) for a SXP (no options mentioned) from the same dealership as their "best and final" price.

DanPorges

Reaction score
Yeah, I do not recommend Wagner Kia. However, I can see if they will match my price for you. I paid sticker plus the clear bra. I had them not include their “Wagner lifetime warranty” as it has way too many caveats and ya not Kia’s coverage, but some other random 3rd party.

my recommendation locally is always Lev Kia and ask for Bert, tell them I sent you. He can only order you one, but they are by far the best dealer around and super honest and helpful. I just got impatient and went this route since the one I wanted was sitting in the showroom, it worked out ok for me in the end, but it’s wasn’t worth the effort if I had to do it again

jthomas33

Reaction score
Yeah, I do not recommend Wagner Kia. However, I can see if they will match my price for you. I paid sticker plus the clear bra. I had them not include their “Wagner lifetime warranty” as it has way too many caveats and ya not Kia’s coverage, but some other random 3rd party.

my recommendation locally is always Lev Kia and ask for Bert, tell them I sent you. He can only order you one, but they are by far the best dealer around and super honest and helpful. I just got impatient and went this route since the one I wanted was sitting in the showroom, it worked out ok for me in the end, but it’s wasn’t worth the effort if I had to do it again
Great to know thanks! I am also hoping for a quick close and can deal with lesser options (and even drop the prestige package) in order to get one faster. I did get a response from Lev that there is a waitlist but it wasn’t clear if it was for specific trim/configuration or how long the current wait is. Will follow up with them. Thanks again

NearBoston

Reaction score
Wagner is still putting a Market Adjustment on their pricing. Was just priced an SX-P that should have an MSRP of about $47,260 (including $1,170 destination) and I was told the price would be $54,750. No -- not paying a market adjustment of $7,500.

DanPorges

Reaction score
Wagner is still putting a Market Adjustment on their pricing. Was just priced an SX-P that should have an MSRP of about $47,260 (including $1,170 destination) and I was told the price would be $54,750. No -- not paying a market adjustment of $7,500.
They really suck. I met the GM of their overall group and told him so. I will be doing all my service and have already bought accessories at Lev, such a better company!!

jthomas33

Reaction score
I HIGHLY recommend Ron Bouchard Kia of Lancaster, MA. I had a great experience with Brian Byington, who was extremely honest and transparent from the beginning. Picked up my white on black SX-P on Friday and couldn't be happier with the car or the buying process! Check them out and thank me later - I believe they still have some incoming inventory that isn't yet spoken for.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!