Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in
  • PLEASE NOTE: This is a private community with only a few publicly accessible areas. Please sign up for open access to full level content.

Bluetooth Phone Connectivity

EdwardKimDPT

Reaction score
Anyone else have trouble the phone connecting to the car automatically when you get in? Sometimes it’ll connect but most of the time I have to manually go to my Bluetooth on phone and click on Kia Motors to connect.

Gwyn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The number 1 problem with cars today is bluetooth. For the most part it is going to be a problem with your phone more then the car. Some phones will not queue the car as a receiver, this is to save battery on your phone. Some bluetooth devices don't play well together. As the phone ages, the battery life will start to decrease, the first thing the phone will do is cut down on the ping pong game it plays with towers and receivers.
Now if that was not the worst, it gets worst. Bluetooth is considered signal weak compared to other signals. I was walking in downtown Vancouver BC last month and noticed that the wireless signals in someplaces of the cities started to exceed interference thresholds for most wifi, cellphones, and bluetooth. It is kind of like you trying to whisper over a jet engine. Wifi, other bluetooth, even your smart key will create interference with your connection. In some places, your phone may be yelling for the car, but the car can not hear it over the noise. Your key can also have problems in the same conditions.

So what can you do? Well make sure you turn off the power saving features. Make sure you pair your phone with your car in a place you use it. The phone will know how much it has to yell at pairing. Bluetooth has never really worked at well as the developers wanted it to. And I don't see it changing until we go over to full wifi connections.

Jonesysam

Reaction score
Anyone else have trouble the phone connecting to the car automatically when you get in? Sometimes it’ll connect but most of the time I have to manually go to my Bluetooth on phone and click on Kia Motors to connect.
Having same issue. Let me know if dealer has corrected issue

Jonesysam

Reaction score
Try unpairing and rebooting your phone. No problems with my iPhone, but I use CarPlay which overrides BT when plugged in.
Thank you for your response. I too, am using carplay till bluetooth is fixed.
Have rebooted everything within my iphonex and vehicle that can
manually be completed. Probably need factory software update or
part replacement. Keep me informed

Telluwhat

Reaction score
I've noticed that every time i get back in the car after being away from it for a while the saved bluetooth connected devices are erased. Same goes for the navsystem saved addresses... Not sure whats is going on. Will have to talk to a dealer when i'll have some time.

Jonesysam

Reaction score
I've noticed that every time i get back in the car after being away from it for a while the saved bluetooth connected devices are erased. Same goes for the navsystem saved addresses... Not sure whats is going on. Will have to talk to a dealer when i'll have some time.
I’ve been in contact with Kia and their engineers are looking into this
And I was told they will contact me within 48 hours.
I have a case number they are working on.

Jonesysam

Reaction score
Kia phoned me today with an update.
They are aware that there is an issue on some tellurides and
The engineers are working on fix and will schedule appointment
with my dealer ASAP

Mavtek

Reaction score
I'm having this same extremely frustrating issue. I assumed it was the car was going into "valet mode" although now I'm having second thoughts on that one.

Mavtek

Reaction score
Jonesysam did they give you any idea on how long it might take to fix it? I'm seriously considering dropping mine back off at the dealer and and ripping them a new one. As far as I'm concerned the thing can sit at the dealer until it's fixed. I guess I just haven't been in a vehicle that doesn't automatically sync my phone every time I get in it since 2011. First world problems obviously, but I paid more for this vehicle than any other I've ever had and my $40 Amazon deck in my Caravan synced up with my phone with no issues, every time.

Mavtek

Reaction score
I got a call saying it was fixed, I told them to add the dealership as a POI and if it's there when I get there I'll call it fixed. I got there, and sure enough, it wasn't there. It's not fixed, I told they can keep it until it is.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.