Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Bluetooth Phone Connectivity

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The Bluetooth thing is obviously a royal pain for those afflicted, but I am honestly surprised by the amount of people who use built in navigation systems on here. Everyone I know uses Google's maps or waze instead as they tend to update and function better.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The Bluetooth thing is obviously a royal pain for those afflicted, but I am honestly surprised by the amount of people who use built in navigation systems on here. Everyone I know uses Google's maps or waze instead as they tend to update and function better.
I think it depends on the generation. My parents and in-laws use the built-in system as they are more data conscious with their phones and don't understand the amount of data used when using GPS is really not that much. So they prefer to use the built in system as it is "free". I personally will use Apple Car Play and Google Maps / Waze so this bluetooth issue is not an issue for me. I am getting SX Prestige tho, so not sure this problem even exists on anything other than an EX.

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I think it depends on the generation. My parents and in-laws use the built-in system as they are more data conscious with their phones and don't understand the amount of data used when using GPS is really not that much. So they prefer to use the built in system as it is "free". I personally will use Apple Car Play and Google Maps / Waze so this bluetooth issue is not an issue for me. I am getting SX Prestige tho, so not sure this problem even exists on anything other than an EX.
I plug my phone in for android auto almost every time I get in the car but I have not recognized any issues with bluetooth in my SX. I think you are right, it must be generational. As an early 30s person I don't think I have ever used a built in nav. They are just on the car by default.

JenB

Reaction score
Ok, hold up ... are you calling us old? LOL ... regardless of whether I use CarPlay, which I do, don’t y’all want your car and all it’s features you paid for to work?

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I use the built in navigation unless the address can't be found, then I will use AA with either google or waze. I use AA everytime also just for the ability for hands free messaging. Sometimes I'll also listen to Pandora.

Mavtek

Reaction score
I would typically use android auto for nav, but if the system is in the vehicle it damn well should work right. At the very least I want to have work, and home as a POI so if go somewhere new and I'm not immediately sure how to get home I can tell the car to navigate home. Also, I really don't want to mess with plugging in my phone every time I need to go somewhere. Not to mention the Kia system only recognizes one phone at a time or so it seems. Oh and the Nav system will actually use the full 10" screen if you so desire, you'll only get around 6" with android auto.

Mavtek

Reaction score
I wouldn’t think a Bluetooth issue would clear the “substantially impairs use or market value” bar but then again I don’t live in Texas. Good luck and I hope you get relief one way or another!
Well, if you went to the dealership and took a test drive in a $40,000 car and the salesman said "oh by the way, the infotainment system doesn't save anything so bluetooth isn't really usable, navigation is only partially useful and we have no idea when it might be fixed, could be a month from now, could be 6-9 months from now" would you still buy it?

If I'd have been told this prior to buying the thing, I'd have walked right out of there and taken my business elsewhere. What do you think it does to my resale value when I disclose that the Infotainment system doesn't really work right at all? I bet most people would walk away from that deal. If most people walk away, what does that do to your market value?

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok, hold up ... are you calling us old? LOL ... regardless of whether I use CarPlay, which I do, don’t y’all want your car and all it’s features you paid for to work?
Oh yes. Absolutely. I was merely suprised that people use the in car navigation. I am the epitome of complaining about any small issue. I have my dealer replacing a leather seat cover and two piece of trim on my car for imperfections.

I absolutely would refuse a car whose basic feature was not working.

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
And I would prefer everyone migrates over to android auto/apple carplay simply for the safety. It is remarkably good and improving all the time with texting/messaging and calling up music. I am so sick of people staring at their phones while driving.

Mavtek

Reaction score
And I would prefer everyone migrates over to android auto/apple carplay simply for the safety. It is remarkably good and improving all the time with texting/messaging and calling up music. I am so sick of people staring at their phones while driving.
Well if your Kia Infotainment system is working properly it will let you text/talk and Nav obviously all over Bluetooth, no need to plugin.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Well, if you went to the dealership and took a test drive in a $40,000 car and the salesman said "oh by the way, the infotainment system doesn't save anything so bluetooth isn't really usable, navigation is only partially useful and we have no idea when it might be fixed, could be a month from now, could be 6-9 months from now" would you still buy it?

If I'd have been told this prior to buying the thing, I'd have walked right out of there and taken my business elsewhere. What do you think it does to my resale value when I disclose that the Infotainment system doesn't really work right at all? I bet most people would walk away from that deal. If most people walk away, what does that do to your market value?
Me personally, yes I would have still bought it knowing it would be fixed. To me, bluetooth is a convenience and not a deal breaker for me. Better than buying a $40,000 Atlas and having the transmission go out on it or the head gasket blow. It will be a lot easier to fix the bluetooth with a software fix in the future than to replace a head gasket or transmission. I'm not saying my opinion is right, but just thought I'd throw in my .02 worth

Bcmcevianet

Reaction score
I’m curious about this... did they go straight to buyback option without conversation about a fix? Or did you request they take it back? Selfishly, I’m concerned it’s the former in that Kia is indicating they do not have a fix so they’ll just take it back?! Does this Bluetooth/ navigation scenario fit into Lemon Law?
I just want a software update ... and I’ll take some more whine with my cheese 🤔🙁
FYI ..Software was released to all Areas yesterday, our Telluride was flashed/updated yesterday at 3:00 pm all good now...

Bcmcevianet

Reaction score
I wouldn’t think a Bluetooth issue would clear the “substantially impairs use or market value” bar but then again I don’t live in Texas. Good luck and I hope you get relief one way or another!
FYI ..Software was released to all Areas yesterday, our Telluride was flashed/updated yesterday at 3:00 pm all good now...

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Bcmcevianet

Reaction score
Me personally, yes I would have still bought it knowing it would be fixed. To me, bluetooth is a convenience and not a deal breaker for me. Better than buying a $40,000 Atlas and having the transmission go out on it or the head gasket blow. It will be a lot easier to fix the bluetooth with a software fix in the future than to replace a head gasket or transmission. I'm not saying my opinion is right, but just thought I'd throw in my .02 worth

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I would typically use android auto for nav, but if the system is in the vehicle it damn well should work right. At the very least I want to have work, and home as a POI so if go somewhere new and I'm not immediately sure how to get home I can tell the car to navigate home. Also, I really don't want to mess with plugging in my phone every time I need to go somewhere. Not to mention the Kia system only recognizes one phone at a time or so it seems. Oh and the Nav system will actually use the full 10" screen if you so desire, you'll only get around 6" with android auto.
Do you have car in your possession? Have you checked latest updates (as mentioned by @Bcmcevianet) fixed your issues?

Bcmcevianet

Reaction score
Thanks! I hope my dealer has it ready to go, I already had an appointment scheduled for today. Fingers crossed!
Mine is working great, but it deletes your xm radio application, make sure you have the dealer re instate, I had to call XM this morning and that was a nightmare.. tell them you want to cancel your subscription and then they are willing to help you!

arckal

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't know, I hope so, mine is at the dealership. Was the update over the air or did you have to take it to the dealership?
No, I don't have the car, it's ordered with KIA still very far from delivery :(. I was just following you guys here and trying to understand how things are going.