Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Bluetooth Phone Connectivity

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the fix was related to managing the on board memory which is minimal given there is no hard drive in the vehicle. I'm willing to bet the system memory dedicated to the infotainment sys in your EX is faulty. Just a hunch.

Eeyah15

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Update from service tech at Clay Cooley, she said that they may take it out to test it. This is way above that! There was no need to test it over and over again only to deliver it to me not working! They have no Telluride's in stock right now, I know exactly what this was!
I would be livid!!! If I were you I would raise hell. First go into the dealership and speak to the general manager, and show him this log. Then I would report them to Kia Consumer Affairs. This was a simple software update. There is no reason to road test your vehicle for this repair. Especially not 18+ miles!? Let alone multiple road tests.

They were using your vehicle as a demo, that is all there is to it. Exactly why they claimed they wanted to keep it as long as possible.

JenB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Update from service tech at Clay Cooley, she said that they may take it out to test it. This is way above that! There was no need to test it over and over again only to deliver it to me not working! They have no Telluride's in stock right now, I know exactly what this was!
Hi @Mavtek - I’m just curious if you’ve had any traction on this with the car thieves... I mean dealer?

Eeyah15

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi @Mavtek - I’m just curious if you’ve had any traction on this with the car thieves... I mean dealer?
Very curious here, to!!! You have a very good case here.
I'd personally go after them. And I even freaking work for a dealership. Just saying...
Not only was it morally wrong of them; it was also illegal.
Their insurance would not have covered your vehicle had someone wrecked it. And neither would yours.

Never-mind the fact that you never gave permission for strangers to be in and out of your vehicle...
Just imagine if one of the customers driving your car had wrecked it???

Mavtek

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Very curious here, to!!! You have a very good case here.
I'd personally go after them. And I even freaking work for a dealership. Just saying...
Not only was it morally wrong of them; it was also illegal.
Their insurance would not have covered your vehicle had someone wrecked it. And neither would yours.

Never-mind the fact that you never gave permission for strangers to be in and out of your vehicle...
Just imagine if one of the customers driving your car had wrecked it???
Sorry guys, the vehicle is finally working correctly, I can confirm that. I'm speaking with Eric from Kia Customer assurance about the entire episode. Really a pretty terrible nightmare that I hope to not have to go through again. I've spoken to him about what I believe were test drives and when I get back in town I'm going to hammer the dealership and Kia corporate. Unfortunately, I'm away until the end of the month. Maybe I can step away and give them a piece of my mind next week if I'm not too busy. I'll keep you all posted.

Member Support

Please keep ths community Ad Free with a Supporting Member account today! For as little as $0.05 per day, you can keep this community online and ad free. CLICK HERE to send your support!