Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Bluetooth Phone Connectivity

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
It's my understanding that the fix was related to managing the on board memory which is minimal given there is no hard drive in the vehicle. I'm willing to bet the system memory dedicated to the infotainment sys in your EX is faulty. Just a hunch.

Eeyah15

Reaction score
Update from service tech at Clay Cooley, she said that they may take it out to test it. This is way above that! There was no need to test it over and over again only to deliver it to me not working! They have no Telluride's in stock right now, I know exactly what this was!
I would be livid!!! If I were you I would raise hell. First go into the dealership and speak to the general manager, and show him this log. Then I would report them to Kia Consumer Affairs. This was a simple software update. There is no reason to road test your vehicle for this repair. Especially not 18+ miles!? Let alone multiple road tests.

They were using your vehicle as a demo, that is all there is to it. Exactly why they claimed they wanted to keep it as long as possible.

JenB

Reaction score
Update from service tech at Clay Cooley, she said that they may take it out to test it. This is way above that! There was no need to test it over and over again only to deliver it to me not working! They have no Telluride's in stock right now, I know exactly what this was!
Hi @Mavtek - I’m just curious if you’ve had any traction on this with the car thieves... I mean dealer?

Eeyah15

Reaction score
Hi @Mavtek - I’m just curious if you’ve had any traction on this with the car thieves... I mean dealer?
Very curious here, to!!! You have a very good case here.
I'd personally go after them. And I even freaking work for a dealership. Just saying...
Not only was it morally wrong of them; it was also illegal.
Their insurance would not have covered your vehicle had someone wrecked it. And neither would yours.

Never-mind the fact that you never gave permission for strangers to be in and out of your vehicle...
Just imagine if one of the customers driving your car had wrecked it???

Mavtek

Reaction score
Very curious here, to!!! You have a very good case here.
I'd personally go after them. And I even freaking work for a dealership. Just saying...
Not only was it morally wrong of them; it was also illegal.
Their insurance would not have covered your vehicle had someone wrecked it. And neither would yours.

Never-mind the fact that you never gave permission for strangers to be in and out of your vehicle...
Just imagine if one of the customers driving your car had wrecked it???
Sorry guys, the vehicle is finally working correctly, I can confirm that. I'm speaking with Eric from Kia Customer assurance about the entire episode. Really a pretty terrible nightmare that I hope to not have to go through again. I've spoken to him about what I believe were test drives and when I get back in town I'm going to hammer the dealership and Kia corporate. Unfortunately, I'm away until the end of the month. Maybe I can step away and give them a piece of my mind next week if I'm not too busy. I'll keep you all posted.

Aimboat

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank y'all! Been frustrated with the BT issue since I picked my car up and couldn't find anything official online. This forum.came up after weeks of.searching for clues as to why my car didn't remember my phone. Will be taking my Telluride in ASAP.

Appreciate y'all!

scheven

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyone have problems with Bluetooth range? My iPhone X only connects to Bluetooth when it's in my right pocket. If it's in my left pocket it won't connect at all. Older Iphones seem to work fine. The same iPhone X also had problems connecting with my C63 but it does however work with other bluetooth devices like portable speakers, etc.

515EX

Reaction score
Anyone have problems with Bluetooth range? My iPhone X only connects to Bluetooth when it's in my right pocket. If it's in my left pocket it won't connect at all. Older Iphones seem to work fine. The same iPhone X also had problems connecting with my C63 but it does however work with other bluetooth devices like portable speakers, etc.
I have an XS Max and haven’t had any issues. In fact, my phone will sometimes stay connected after I’ve gone into a gas station. Tried to call my girl to confirm what she wanted to drink and it was ringing inside the vehicle.

G

G-260977

Jonesysam did they give you any idea on how long it might take to fix it? I'm seriously considering dropping mine back off at the dealer and and ripping them a new one. As far as I'm concerned the thing can sit at the dealer until it's fixed. I guess I just haven't been in a vehicle that doesn't automatically sync my phone every time I get in it since 2011. First world problems obviously, but I paid more for this vehicle than any other I've ever had and my $40 Amazon deck in my Caravan synced up with my phone with no issues, every time.
This is not the dealerships fault so you should not be yelling at them. Voice your frustration with Kia Corporate Engineers and hope they come out with a fix. The dealership did not make the car and they usually don't find out about glitches until the engineers or the customer's point it out.

Critter68

Reaction score
This is not the dealerships fault so you should not be yelling at them. Voice your frustration with Kia Corporate Engineers and hope they come out with a fix. The dealership did not make the car and they usually don't find out about glitches until the engineers or the customer's point it out.
They have a software update it takes a few minutes at the dealer

Bear

Reaction score
Having same issue. Let me know if dealer has corrected issue
There is a software available for HK infotainment system and it specifically addresses the Bluetooth connectivity. Had mine done and it improved everything Audio, Map surround sound ect. The software took almost 2 hrs to download from a USB stick. The Bluetooth connection is instantly recognized as I start the vehicle or have accessorie only. Very happy with update!!! Also if your not in an HD radio area instead the cloud emoji, I get the actual outside temperature.

BabyRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There is a software available for HK infotainment system and it specifically addresses the Bluetooth connectivity. Had mine done and it improved everything Audio, Map surround sound ect. The software took almost 2 hrs to download from a USB stick. The Bluetooth connection is instantly recognized as I start the vehicle or have accessorie only. Very happy with update!!! Also if your not in an HD radio area instead the cloud emoji, I get the actual outside temperature.
Curious...What is the firmware version. Would be nice to know so I can tell the dealer before going in for service.

Eeyah15

Reaction score
Curious...What is the firmware version. Would be nice to know so I can tell the dealer before going in for service.
Attached screen shot from bulletin...

Service Action bulletin SA386.
"Bluetooth Memory Issue."
Telluride (ON) production range 3/23/19 - 4/30/19

Attachments

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BabyRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I work for a Kia dealership.
:D
Well then. That's helpful. So, if I have a very buggy infotainment system and there is new firmware available, what are the chances of the dealership updating the system with no charge? Here's a list of the biggest issues I'm seeing. I realize some may be Android Auto related but some are not.

1. A new single text message alerts as multiple new messages from multiple people.
2. Reordering station presets does not stay saved. Always reverts back.
3. Android Auto randomly disconnects. Yes, I've tried multiple different cables.
4. Android Auto song info freezes when you return from Android Auto to the Kia screen.

Eeyah15

Reaction score
Well then. That's helpful. So, if I have a very buggy infotainment system and there is new firmware available, what are the chances of the dealership updating the system with no charge? Here's a list of the biggest issues I'm seeing. I realize some may be Android Auto related but some are not.

1. A new single text message alerts as multiple new messages from multiple people.
2. Reordering station presets does not stay saved. Always reverts back.
3. Android Auto randomly disconnects. Yes, I've tried multiple different cables.
4. Android Auto song info freezes when you return from Android Auto to the Kia screen.
If your vehicle falls into the production range for this bulletin than this will be warranty; and no charge to you. Also your warranty on the radio in 36 months, 36,000 miles so you are covered as long as it is factory defect.

Majority of that sounds like Android Auto. Maybe delete the app from your phone and reinstall?
The screen freezing and reverting back are concerning, however. If it was mine I would take it in and have it looked at.
Could be an internal malfunction. I personally have not seen any of those issues, myself. Nor have we had any in our shop, yet.
(I see all the warranty repairs and repair orders.)
I would recommend reinstalling Android Auto and checking all your setting regarding messages, ect. Then if it is still acting up, take it in.

Just tell them exactly what you said here. "Reordering station presets does not stay saved: always reverts back. Android Auto song info freezes when you return from Android Auto to the Kia screen." Even if they can't duplicate the problem at that time, it will be documented on a repair order. Will help you late if it happens again after you warranty period expires.

BabyRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If your vehicle falls into the production range for this bulletin than this will be warranty; and no charge to you. Also your warranty on the radio in 36 months, 36,000 miles so you are covered as long as it is factory defect.

Majority of that sounds like Android Auto. Maybe delete the app from your phone and reinstall?
The screen freezing and reverting back are concerning, however. If it was mine I would take it in and have it looked at.
Could be an internal malfunction. I personally have not seen any of those issues, myself. Nor have we had any in our shop, yet.
(I see all the warranty repairs and repair orders.)
I would recommend reinstalling Android Auto and checking all your setting regarding messages, ect. Then if it is still acting up, take it in.

Just tell them exactly what you said here. "Reordering station presets does not stay saved: always reverts back. Android Auto song info freezes when you return from Android Auto to the Kia screen." Even if they can't duplicate the problem at that time, it will be documented on a repair order. Will help you late if it happens again after you warranty period expires.
Thanks! The station presets has been reported by at least one other owner in the forums here as well as the multiple text messages and they were an iPhone user (I believe). I'll relay your message.