No soliciting permitted.

Borla exhaust comparison to stock we all wanted to hear!

BhardiSXP

Reaction score
Hey fellow owners. I looked around before ordering the Borla exhaust system and never found a true comparison sample that I was happy with. So, I made the purchase anyways and took a video that I believe will help others decide what they may want to do. Enjoy! I have more videos coming as my installs are done.......

Socal949

Reaction score
Hey fellow owners. I looked around before ordering the Borla exhaust system and never found a true comparison sample that I was happy with. So, I made the purchase anyways and took a video that I believe will help others decide what they may want to do. Enjoy! I have more videos coming as my installs are done.......
Sounds real nice! How long have you had it installed.

BhardiSXP

Reaction score
Thanks man! Since Nov 14th.

Batman3365

Reaction score

BhardiSXP

Reaction score
How much did that run you? Parts + Labor
Parts were $506, and I performed the install. I rolled the ride on a 6 inch ramp and was able to take off the OEM and install the new. Since the car had less than 2k on it, the two bolts holding it were easy the remove, but I do recommend a silicone spray to help remove the metal hangers off the rubber exhaust hangers. Also you will have to use a torque wrench so you do not over-tighten the bolts. OEM is one piece and fairly heavy, while the Borla comes in two pieces making it easier to install. I’m real happy with it everything considering.
Btw I was looking into an overhead cargo holder and really like yours. Very sleek! What did you go with crossbars and cargo holder?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BhardiSXP

Reaction score
Great question ...how much for the sound without any performance adage???
Even though it’s an axle-back, Borla swears to at least an 8-12hp gain and increased fuel efficiency. Once I get in the K&N CAI, I will take the ride to a dyno perhaps.

Batman3365

Reaction score
Parts were $506, and I performed the install. I rolled the ride on a 6 inch ramp and was able to take off the OEM and install the new. Since the car had less than 2k on it, the two bolts holding it were easy the remove, but I do recommend a silicone spray to help remove the metal hangers off the rubber exhaust hangers. Also you will have to use a torque wrench so you do not over-tighten the bolts. OEM is one piece and fairly heavy, while the Borla comes in two pieces making it easier to install. I’m real happy with it everything considering.
Btw I was looking into an overhead cargo holder and really like yours. Very sleek! What did you go with crossbars and cargo holder?
Thx for the info!

My cargo setup is nothing high end. Crossbar I bought is pretty much a clone of the OEM crossbar but half the price. Neither the crossbar or cargo case cause any wind noise that I noticed, if installed correctly.

-Crossbars: Amazon.com
-Cargo case: This is very old. Sears brand that has been bought out by Thule or someone else. I've seen sleeker designs than this but this gets the job done.

Tellthemride

Reaction score
Stock hemi sounds on a cold day. 😆

robin.beckwith

Reaction score
Sorry. I’ve been pretty busy. Install was a breeze. Husband had it on in 15 minutes or less. Quick switch. I have a pedal commander. It’s getting me in trouble. I’ve now been pulled over. So, time to slow down 😭 Did the screens to protect the radiator and A/C area. It’s debatable wether they are really needed. I’d rather not find out. I wish there was a turbo. Like the Explorer, and the stinger. So I could add more, lol. But, less to mess up. More stuff to put on the stinger. 😉

Bohen

Reaction score
Do you have or do you mind doing a video of you doing a pass by is passed by with the audio clip?

BhardiSXP

Reaction score
Do you have or do you mind doing a video of you doing a pass by is passed by with the audio clip
Don’t mind at all.

E91fan

Reaction score
Sounds great. One comment I will add is that I don't feel as compelled to mod anything on this vehicle like I did with my BMW's. Im more content with it the way that it is, plus a few cosmetic mods that I did to the vehicle.

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners