No soliciting permitted.

Borla exhaust.

JerseySXP

Reaction score
Ok thanks for checking. I do have some jack stands so figured I could use those and give it a try in a few days. Gonna paint the exhaust tips first.
I'll just add this is coming from a guy who didn't know jack about car work...since COVID I've become a big time DIY-er...(what else is there to do) when it comes to stuff like this.

Going to do the CAI myself as well.
Also pretty excited about my first oil change and installation of the fumoto.

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score
I'll just add this is coming from a guy who didn't know jack about car work...since COVID I've become a big time DIY-er...(what else is there to do) when it comes to stuff like this.

Going to do the CAI myself as well.
Also pretty excited about my first oil change and installation of the fumoto.

@JerseySXP:

The endless tyranny of the 'Rona Lockdowns turned you into a DIY guy?

Awesome!

Something about lemons and lemonade, right? :ROFLMAO:

Did you already do the 7,500 mile complimentary oil change and systems check-up with your local Kia Service/Parts department?

Also, do you have any interest in going down the Cerakote rabbit hole?

'Rona lockdowns gave my bikes and equipment new life and new colors with the industry leader in thin-film ceramic coatings:

Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.03.00 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.03.32 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.04.19 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-23 at 10.04.46 AM.png

Last edited:

JerseySXP

Reaction score
@JerseySXP:

The endless tyranny of the 'Rona Lockdowns turned you into a DIY guy?

Awesome!

Something about lemons and lemonade, right? :ROFLMAO:

Did you already do the 7,500 mile complimentary oil change and systems check-up with your local Kia Service/Parts department?

Also, do you have any interest in going down the Cerakote rabbit hole?

'Rona lockdowns gave my bikes and equipment new life and new colors wi View attachment 17052 View attachment 17053 View attachment 17054 View attachment 17055 th the industry leader in thin-film ceramic coatings.

Been meaning to check out this cerakote stuff - do you have stock in this company!?

I'm shy of 3k miles now. Will be doing the oil change myself then with some Amsoil baby!

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score
Been meaning to check out this cerakote stuff - do you have stock in this company!?

I'm shy of 3k miles now. Will be doing the oil change myself then with some Amsoil baby!

Not yet.

The last time I checked, they're still privately held, but if they ever go IPO and offer us some shares, I'm in. (y)

Just because I didn't PPF or ceramic my Telly doesn't mean I'm not totally into improvements in thin strong surface protection technology, especially what some companies have done with ceramic.

Let's face it.

Powder coat has issues.

It's way too thick and messes up so many things with tight tolerances.

Stronger, thinner, better and available in more and more colors every day.

Prices are getting more reasonable too, which was the hold up for many people for years.

Reaction score
I have a couple firearms cerakoted. They look brand new, and they've taken quite a beating. You can get basically any color you want. Cerakote is by far my favorite coating besides the price.

AlexK

Reaction score
Why would anyone put a sporty sounding exhaust on a vehicle that has minivan acceleration?

That's like putting flame decals on a 1999 Civic. Super tacky.

JerseySXP

Reaction score
Why would anyone put a sporty sounding exhaust on a vehicle that has minivan acceleration?

@DarkMossJustin - can you tell this person where the Sport button is!? Haha

JerseySXP

Reaction score

That's your opinion, your entitled to it.

AlexK

Reaction score
Well, obviously.

JerseySXP

Reaction score
Well, obviously.
Here is an opinion.

Why would anyone get the butterscotch interior - its the ugliest leather choice.

Dune to the moon! 🤣

AlexK

Reaction score
Hard disagree.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Nightsky93

Reaction score

the Borla axle back exhaust kit some of us have put in our telluride is not an obnoxious exhaust. It’s not a full exhaust kit. Pretty much a muffler and 2ft pipe to connect. There’s a little rumble from a cold start and when you step on it you can tell there’s something there but no drone and quiet when cruising on the highway.

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score

@AlexK:

Thank you for your opinion.

As you already know, opinions are like elbows.

Everyone has at least two, right?

Borla Performance Industries has done their market research, and apparently, there are enough people who are willing to pay for quality CNC-machined aftermarket parts to enjoy some sound when driving in Sport Mode.

It's not for everyone, but the aftermarket market is pretty extensive.

People love customizing and tuning their cars to their liking whether they're Mazda RX-7s or fugly AF Subaru Outbacks. 😋

As you know Telly is amazingly quiet stock, and most people are coming from cars that make a bit more sound and love the sound and feel of driving in Sport Mode.

The great thing about Borla's Telly exhaust is that there's apparently no drone while idle or coasting along on a freeway in Smart/Eco Mode.

Flame decals are cosmetic, but if they make the owner happy, awesome. (y)

Sometimes, striping, decals break up the primary external colors on the body panels and create optical effects with body lines that make the car look longer or sleeker or faster, depending on how they're applied.

I can understand if you don't want them on your car, but the freedom to decorate one's car however one wants to is the definition of liberty.

As long as I still have some hearing, I want to hear my car.

The Borla is axle-back, so while there are no performance gains, it's about a pound lighter and the sound makes me happy. 😋

Again, we're not trying to get you to buy one if you don't want to spend the money on sound.

Borla, like Kia and most successful brands, sells more than just a product or a service.

They are selling smiles and customer satisfaction.

I've wasted way more money than $600 overpaying for concert tickets, speakers, car audio and speeding tickets... so why the hell not stick an exhaust on my Telly to improve the sound?

Right now when I Sport Mode in front of Neptune's Net, I barely hear anything because:

#1: The Telly Cabin is pretty quiet and the 1st and 2nd rows are well insulated from road noise
#2: I don't have a Borla yet.

Personally, I can't wait to "go like Heaven and sound like Hell" when I'm living my life a quarter-mile at a time in Sport Mode. 😎

Got Borla? 😋

tempImage0FA9J8.png

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score
Here is an opinion.

Why would anyone get the butterscotch interior - its the ugliest leather choice.

Dune to the moon! 🤣

Hahahah, same here. (y)

In my not-so-humble opinion, literally any other option from the SX non-Prestige Package choice set would be better than butterscotch. 🤣

Kia has given Telly has a number of great exterior color options, especially Dark Moss and the other colors with metallic flake, why not get the best color combo possible and choose the best interior color package that Kia offers?

Dune to the Moon y'all !! 😋

🐶🔜🌖

DarkMossJustin

Reaction score
I have a couple firearms cerakoted. They look brand new, and they've taken quite a beating. You can get basically any color you want. Cerakote is by far my favorite coating besides the price.

@anotherlostmonkey:

Same here.

Already Cerakoted some exercise equipment, upper receivers, barrels, mountain bike frames, pretty much any steel, aluminum or polymer parts.

It's so much stronger and thinner than powder coat that I'm considering using it for more automotive applications:

I'm planning to use it for the trailer hitch receiver on my Telly because those usually get rusty, plus snowmobile parts, maybe even parts of the snowmobile trailer? 😋

A neighbor mentioned that Cerakote might even work well on the gloss black and matte black trim pieces on the exterior/interior of the Telly if they ever get too scratched up or whatever.

AlexK

Reaction score
In my not-so-humble opinion, literally any other option from the SX non-Prestige Package choice set would be better than butterscotch. 🤣

Because the only 3 available colors are Black, Gray and Butterscotch.

- Black is just plain boring and makes the cabin appear smaller.
- Gray looks nice but way too light. I don't want the surfaces that get touched often, like the center armrest and grab-handles, to be so light. They'll look like crap in no time.
- The only other option left is butterscotch, which is a nice tannish color, which brightens the cabin but is not too light. Saw it in person and loved it. Especially in contrast with the more understated GG exterior color.

And dark moss just looks brown, in anything but optimal lighting conditions. So with the dune interior it's just brown on brown. Wow, how gorgeous. :rolleyes:

But what does the color have to do with anything anyway? This is a thread about the exhaust.