Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Buying 4 hours away?

Harehill

Reaction score
Has anyone driven a distance to get your Telluride? Finally found what exactly we want. They say they will give us what we are asking on our trade. Plus incentives taken off from MSRP - which they will not raise either. It is 4+ hours away. Take the chance?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
4 hours both ways will be a long day...I’d make sure the deal is 100% complete before you go so there’s no BS and you can grab the keys and hit the road right after you get there. Not a bad way to get some seat time in your new ride! I’d say go for it!

Joflo0705

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I did it and like mentioned above it will be a long day especially with two kids. Have everything squared away begore u get there, get everything in writing. I was lucky to have had a wonderfull experience with the dealer i went to. Was in and out in less than an hour, no bsing. Well the finance guy tried to charge me the extra 1% but that was resolved quickly. Just have everything on paper ready to go and u shouldnt have a problem. I saved 5-15k by traveling an extra hour and a half since i would have had to travel 2 to get to the nearest okay dealership(local one is terrrriiibbblleee)

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I factory ordered a 2016 Subaru Outback from a dealer 3 hours away when it first come out. All negotiations were done by email, in writing. When it was time to pick it up after two months the dealer stuck to what we agreed upon. That was the first time I drove so far.

With the Telluride, I drove 1-1/2 hrs but still got and email proposal for less than MSRP plus all applicable incentives. When I got there the car was already pulled up and the sales person gave me the keys and left me to drive test it alone. When the time came to make the deal they kept their word without drama.

In spite of all the cut throat dealers out there, there are still honest ones. Good luck with your adventure!

Last edited:

TontoKowalski

Reaction score
Just drove 5.5 hours to get the exact one I wanted yesterday. Left at 1pm - back at 4am. Worth it though, wife wanted a certain interior and exterior color and trim. Every time I called other dealers around me it was either them adding some BS addendums or just flat out marking up 3-5k. Then there were ones that said yeah we have it, let me go get things set up, 3 minutes later, oh never mind, it just sold. Got sick of it and finally found one that was a good deal and no BS and went for it. Happy as can be but tired!

Jdgate

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have driven as far as about 6 hours away to get a car. I made sure I had purchase agreements and everything else done before hand. I did not trade in any vehicles on either of these purchases A couple friends drove me out each time and we made a trip of it. The dealers each time changed the oil and rotated the tires on the friends cars for free before we left, and in the case of the dealership near Chicago, also gave us back cash for the toll roads LOL.