No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Cannot stress the importance of Headlight Aim in our Tellurides

jerrick2524

Reaction score
Bridging many, many threats, complaints and issues we have all stressed. I have tested four different bulbs and given many Amazon's seller's good graces and the site's liberal return policies, i have been able to cycle through several of them. Right now i am on Sealight 3's which i thought were the best of the bunch so far. After seeing a posting about the location of the headlight aim unit, and how i had thought my bulbs were properly seated in the holder i did 2 things. One both bulbs are now in the proper 3 and 6 orientation in the housing. Second i tinkered with the aim lowering them and adjusting. All i can say is WOW!!!! No more dead spots, proper lighting front and sides. Like a different car. I see everyoen complaining but not many people properly aiming their lights.

Luvcats69

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Bridging many, many threats, complaints and issues we have all stressed. I have tested four different bulbs and given many Amazon's seller's good graces and the site's liberal return policies, i have been able to cycle through several of them. Right now i am on Sealight 3's which i thought were the best of the bunch so far. After seeing a posting about the location of the headlight aim unit, and how i had thought my bulbs were properly seated in the holder i did 2 things. One both bulbs are now in the proper 3 and 6 orientation in the housing. Second i tinkered with the aim lowering them and adjusting. All i can say is WOW!!!! No more dead spots, proper lighting front and sides. Like a different car. I see everyoen complaining but not many people properly aiming their lights.
Can you provide some instructions on how to properly align aftermarket bulbs? 3 and 6 position what does that mean?

daixloxbmw

Reaction score
Can you also tell us the other 3 LED bulbs you tested before deciding on the Sealight 3 and why you picked it over the others? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Can you also tell us the other 3 LED bulbs you tested before deciding on the Sealight 3 and why you picked it over the others? Thanks in advance.
+1

I’m considering a headlight upgrade myself, so I would appreciate any info.

jerrick2524

Reaction score
Sorry for my delayed response. I tried the Sealight 2 and Hikari. The Sealight 3 by far had the best color and beam pattern comparative to the others. Also the Hikari's were a challenge to fit in the housing. As for the aiming of the headlights, just google Kia Telluride headlight aim and you will be able to see location of adjustment and technique

On the headlight aiming, i meant to say 3 and 9 o'clock, not 3 and 6. Essentially, the wire is at the 6 o'clock position and the beams are lined up in the projection housing.

daixloxbmw

Reaction score
Sorry for my delayed response. I tried the Sealight 2 and Hikari. The Sealight 3 by far had the best color and beam pattern comparative to the others. Also the Hikari's were a challenge to fit in the housing. As for the aiming of the headlights, just google Kia Telluride headlight aim and you will be able to see location of adjustment and technique

On the headlight aiming, i meant to say 3 and 9 o'clock, not 3 and 6. Essentially, the wire is at the 6 o'clock position and the beams are lined up in the projection housing.
Thank you, I will be picking up a set now.

Reaction score
With the sealight 3 bulbs properly installed / aligned, have you had any problems with other drivers flashing their lights at you?

Do these bulbs act as high and low beam, or just one level?

Also when you refer to “sealight 3” are you referring to these?

SEALIGHT 9005/HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs High Beam 12,000LM High Power 6000K Cool White S3 Series

Thanks!

Steve

daixloxbmw

Reaction score
With the sealight 3 bulbs properly installed / aligned, have you had any problems with other drivers flashing their lights at you?

Do these bulbs act as high and low beam, or just one level?

Also when you refer to “sealight 3” are you referring to these?

SEALIGHT 9005/HB3 LED Headlight Bulbs High Beam 12,000LM High Power 6000K Cool White S3 Series

Thanks!

Steve
That's exactly what I just ordered. These bulbs should serve as high and low beams. There is an aperture in the projector of the Telluride that opens/closes to activate the high beams. I can't speak on the performance since I won't receive them until next week and I'll report back after I get them installed.

Reaction score
I just bought a pair. 20% off for Black Friday.

I am concerned they will be too bright / will distract other drivers. I hope not, because the stock lighting is abysmal.

Reaction score

daixloxbmw

Reaction score
Can you elaborate on how you've aligned it? Are you referring to the Telluride's height adjustment or the bulb's beam adjustment or both? If you meant adjusting the bulb, how can you tell this needs to be adjusted and how do you go about doing it?

reese0929

Reaction score
Great, thanks! Did you need to adjust the beam on the bulb itself? I noticed all three of the bulbs you linked as a beam adjustment also.
No at all just made sure the bulb was set 3 o clock by 9 o clock. At first in the picture behind the car the beam was reflecting off the back window until I adjusted them.

Attachments

daixloxbmw

Reaction score
No at all just made sure the bulb was set 3 o clock by 9 o clock. At first in the picture behind the car the beam was reflecting off the back window until I adjusted them.
Awesome, thank you. Can't wait to get my bulbs installed.

TFamilyMan

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip for adjusting the headlights based on your photo. I aimed it lower. I think I was blinding the public this evening. I adjusted the beam just now and it beats the stock Halogen by a Longshot. Its usable in the rain or snow. I can see the lanes now! Philips halogen Xtreme was worthless, don't bother.

I bought the diode Dynamics SL1

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
Reaction score
I installed the sealight gen 3 bulbs tonight. Installation was very easy (no tools) and the headlights are much brighter, whiter, and have a more full beam pattern. I marked the height on the garage door and compared before / after - they seemed to be exactly the same height / shape with the LED vs stock. I did aim them down a bit because they are so much brighter, and I’m very conscious of not blinding anyone. I’m not really sure this was necessary, but I feel better knowing it is safe.

41F9FEAE-B54C-4244-B116-C320C0A33AD3.jpeg

reese0929

Reaction score
I installed the sealight gen 3 bulbs tonight. Installation was very easy (no tools) and the headlights are much brighter, whiter, and have a more full beam pattern. I marked the height on the garage door and compared before / after - they seemed to be exactly the same height / shape with the LED vs stock. I did aim them down a bit because they are so much brighter, and I’m very conscious of not blinding anyone. I’m not really sure this was necessary, but I feel better knowing it is safe.

View attachment 5193
Nice what model of Sealight you got?

daixloxbmw

Reaction score

View attachment 5193
That's a great pic to highlight the output, color and dispersion differences. Thanks! Can't wait to get mine installed but unfortunately, the Northeast is getting hammered with a snowstorm right now and I don't have a garage.