Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Central Kia of Plano (Customers - former or present)

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm reaching out to all customers (former or present) of Central Kia of Plano. My former salesperson was Stephen Cantrelle but he left the dealership for another position and after he left the lack of information and communication has been ridiculous (in a bad way). So I'm thinking that we as customers should communicate with each other. I'm waiting on an SW-P Telluride in white with dune brown and I'm at 13 weeks with no VIN, no accepted date, no purchase order number just a deposit. Has anyone received a Telluride from this dealership and if so what was the process or lack of process? Let's open the lines of communication because I know I'm not the only one in this situation.

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Updated Info. Called to check on my order (June 13) and received a VIN number and a possible ETA of 1-2 weeks. So I'm still waiting but at least I've been assigned a salesperson because prior to this I've been dealing with a sales manager. So that's a total of 15 weeks + and counting. There were also additional items added to the vehicle that I didn't ask for but at this point I'm not sweating the small stuff. I ordered and placed a deposit on 3/23.

extouareg

Reaction score
Got my SX w/o Prestige at Moritz - Hurst. I live in Plano and Central Kia didn't know when they would be getting any SX's. Our buying experience at Moritz was great!

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I might have a dealer story to tell that might be a topper of all dealer stories. It's pending and depending on the foolishness of Central Kia.

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Central Kia of Plano is a dealership that has no shame. They have taken the greed of car sales to a whole new level. Here is a story that speaks for itself.

On 3/23/19 I placed a $1,000 “nonrefundable” deposit with Central Kia of Plano on a 2020 SW Telluride w/prestige package. The exterior was white and the interior was dune brown. The deal was for $600 over invoice and a quote of $21,000 on my 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport trade in, after sending pictures. The deal was completed via e-mail.

On 5/23/19 I was advised by my salesperson that he was leaving Central Kia for a management position with another car company. Up to this point there was direct communication regarding the delays with the Telluride w/prestige package. My former salesperson called to advise me he was leaving but strangely I never heard this info from the dealership. In addition, prior to 5/23 Kia Motors Corporate had advised all Kia dealerships nationwide that they would no longer taking any additional orders on the SW-P because there was a huge backlog at the KMMG. I made several calls to the dealership checking on the status of my order with no additional info.

I was assured by my new contact person, Vincent Clementi (a sales manager) that the original deal was still in place and he had my folder with the info. Eventually I was given a deadline of 6/13/19 as a day additional info would be available. I called Mr. Clementi, who gave me a VIN #5XYP5DHC3LG028086 and advised my ordered vehicle was 1-2 weeks away.

On 6/14/19, the very next, I was contacted by Mr. Clementi and was advised that my ordered vehicle had fallen off the vehicle transporter along with 2 other vehicles and was a total loss. To say I was surprised is an understatement. I asked about seeing photos of the wrecked ordered vehicle but was told no photos would be forthcoming. At this point I became very suspicious and believed a good old bait & bait was being used. Up to this point I had been waiting 13 weeks.

I believe Central Kia simply doesn’t want to sell me the ordered Telluride at the agreed upon price. They still have my deposit. To say that this is unethical business practices is a huge understatement. It has also given me a clear picture of Kia’s business model and practices - shady & deceptive. Kia vehicles might be better but their sales methods are old and outdated.

In closing, this decision wasn’t made at the sales or management level but at the ownership level. This lets you know what kind of dealership you are dealing with, an unscrupulous one. I could have gotten a Telluride elsewhere but wasted my time on Central Kia Of Plano.

extouareg

Reaction score
Central Kia of Plano is a dealership that has no shame. They have taken the greed of car sales to a whole new level. Here is a story that speaks for itself.

On 3/23/19 I placed a $1,000 “nonrefundable” deposit with Central Kia of Plano on a 2020 SW Telluride w/prestige package. The exterior was white and the interior was dune brown. The deal was for $600 over invoice and a quote of $21,000 on my 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport trade in, after sending pictures. The deal was completed via e-mail.

On 5/23/19 I was advised by my salesperson that he was leaving Central Kia for a management position with another car company. Up to this point there was direct communication regarding the delays with the Telluride w/prestige package. My former salesperson called to advise me he was leaving but strangely I never heard this info from the dealership. In addition, prior to 5/23 Kia Motors Corporate had advised all Kia dealerships nationwide that they would no longer taking any additional orders on the SW-P because there was a huge backlog at the KMMG. I made several calls to the dealership checking on the status of my order with no additional info.

I was assured by my new contact person, Vincent Clementi (a sales manager) that the original deal was still in place and he had my folder with the info. Eventually I was given a deadline of 6/13/19 as a day additional info would be available. I called Mr. Clementi, who gave me a VIN #5XYP5DHC3LG028086 and advised my ordered vehicle was 1-2 weeks away.

On 6/14/19, the very next, I was contacted by Mr. Clementi and was advised that my ordered vehicle had fallen off the vehicle transporter along with 2 other vehicles and was a total loss. To say I was surprised is an understatement. I asked about seeing photos of the wrecked ordered vehicle but was told no photos would be forthcoming. At this point I became very suspicious and believed a good old bait & bait was being used. Up to this point I had been waiting 13 weeks.

I believe Central Kia simply doesn’t want to sell me the ordered Telluride at the agreed upon price. They still have my deposit. To say that this is unethical business practices is a huge understatement. It has also given me a clear picture of Kia’s business model and practices - shady & deceptive. Kia vehicles might be better but their sales methods are old and outdated.

In closing, this decision wasn’t made at the sales or management level but at the ownership level. This lets you know what kind of dealership you are dealing with, an unscrupulous one. I could have gotten a Telluride elsewhere but wasted my time on Central Kia Of Plano.
We didn't get a good vibe when we went in looking for a Telluride. They kept pushing the non-refundable deposit of $1,000 to reserve one coming in 4 weeks! After we spoke to the sales manager, who was Vincent, we were totally put off. He was bad mouthing his sales reps, so we walked out the door.

As stated before, Moritz-Hurst Kia was great and Steve Potter was awesome to deal with. We put a $250 deposit on our SX which came within a week!

You can always dispute the charge with your credit card if they didn't come through. Not sure how that works though.

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I received my "non refundable" $1000 deposit back yesterday. I submitted a complaint to Kia Customer Affairs and received an email back from James Bell (Director of Corporate Communications at Kia USA) who was lied to by the dealership to try and cover up their BS. I submitted info to the BBB, Deal Rater, Yelp and a few other places. The only thing I regret is wasting 3+ months waiting on a phantom Telluride.

extouareg

Reaction score
I received my "non refundable" $1000 deposit back yesterday. I submitted a complaint to Kia Customer Affairs and received an email back from James Bell (Director of Corporate Communications at Kia USA) who was lied to by the dealership to try and cover up their BS. I submitted info to the BBB, Deal Rater, Yelp and a few other places. The only thing I regret is wasting 3+ months waiting on a phantom Telluride.
Glad to hear!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Jdgate

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Does Kia corporate have any way in which they can assist you in getting a Telluride?

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If KIA corporate helps one person get a car, they will be opening a can or worms. Everyone will be calling them for a SXP, and they all want it yesterday.

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Something to think about - Dealerships use the "non refundable" deposit as a ploy and probably receives an ordered vehicle and sells it to the highest bidder and keeps the customer, with the deposit, on the hook. Ensuring a long wait an maybe you get the vehicle or you move on. Lesson learned on this one, no more non refundable deposits (major red flag).

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
All about the dealership management. The employees are doing as directed. My KIA dealer was straight from beginning to end. I called around and they seemed the most reasonable. Set up pricing over the phone. Came in and got an offer on my car. Traded it in immediately and took a loaner for the period while I waited for my SX. No deposit seeing as I had already traded in my car and had one of theirs and then my car arrived and the deal was drawn up exactly as planned. The GM was super friendly and seemed happy to be selling a car that everyone was so excited about.

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
All about the dealership management. The employees are doing as directed. My KIA dealer was straight from beginning to end. I called around and they seemed the most reasonable. Set up pricing over the phone. Came in and got an offer on my car. Traded it in immediately and took a loaner for the period while I waited for my SX. No deposit seeing as I had already traded in my car and had one of theirs and then my car arrived and the deal was drawn up exactly as planned. The GM was super friendly and seemed happy to be selling a car that everyone was so excited about.
You are right on point. That's what should be done because it's good business but a lot of car dealers look for short term profits vs long term customers.

jsgiv

Reaction score
Dealers can’t keep a “non-refundable” deposit. If they don’t deliver the car and complete the sale with you that you’re willing to pay for the car. - then they have to give you the check / money back. (Odds are if you gave them a check they never cashed it).

Even if the dealer actually receives the car and you go to pick it up - if you decide to walk away from the deal - they still must give back the deposit.

It’s all a ploy to make the buyer “attached” to the sale. Don’t be afraid to call their bluff.

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Dealers can’t keep a “non-refundable” deposit. If they don’t deliver the car and complete the sale with you that you’re willing to pay for the car. - then they have to give you the check / money back. (Odds are if you gave them a check they never cashed it).

Even if the dealer actually receives the car and you go to pick it up - if you decide to walk away from the deal - they still must give back the deposit.

It’s all a ploy to make the buyer “attached” to the sale. Don’t be afraid to call their bluff.
Agree 100%.

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Oh, I called their bluff and they refunded my money. I wasn't even concerned about that. They only thing I'm pissed about is wasting 3 months of time waiting on a phantom vehicle. I could have easily found one at a respected dealership. Not wasting my time with these con men.

njchpd

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
After being disappointed by the Kia buying experience. I had to make the switch to the Palisade. From start to vehicle in my driveway was actually less than a month. I bought it at Huffines Hyundai in McKinney, Texas. Paid MSRP minus incentives (Conquest, 1st Responder & Military). My credit union was running a limited time special on a 1.4 interest rate so I'm satisfied with the entire buying experience. I never set foot in the dealership and had the vehicle delivered to my front door. It's a FWD limited in Hyper White w/Black interior. This is my 4th (Hyundai/Genesis). I tried to give Kia a chance but that boat has sailed. In addition I should receive $500 just for buying a Hyundai through the Bonus Drive program (BonusDrive). I would like to thank Sal (Moderator) for his kindness in refunding my money on the Kia emblems that I no longer needed. Good luck to all the pending Kia customers and thanks for the hospitality.

Attachments