Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Child's seat for bench

Solbin

Reaction score
I know with pilots seat a child's seat with infant carrier can move up with no problem. Will the bench seat do that as well?

Last edited:
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

lydiav

Reaction score
I would discourage this, seat protectors are not safe to use with car seats (they are non-regulated, can slip, become bunched and reduce safety - see car seat manufacture details). I would instead recommend a regular schedule of removing the car seat and keeping the seat clean and if leather treating it. Also choose snacks for the car very carefully ;)

Always have had a captains chair. Word of advice, buy one of those seat protectors to spare your seats from wear and tear.

Kevin78

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I would discourage this, seat protectors are not safe to use with car seats (they are non-regulated, can slip, become bunched and reduce safety - see car seat manufacture details). I would instead recommend a regular schedule of removing the car seat and keeping the seat clean and if leather treating it. Also choose snacks for the car very carefully ;)
Definitely check if the car seat manufacturer has any recommendations on what type of mat can be placed under their seat if any if you're concerned.

Honestly, it all boils down to a proper installation. If done correctly, the mat underneath has nowhere to move around making the car seat just as secure. If you install your seat and there is wiggle room for the mat to move, then you have done a terrible job installing the seat. I've seen my fair share of horrific crashes involving vehicles. Some of which had car seats with mats, and I have never seen any car seat jeopardized from the use of protective mats. Remember, there are clips and buckles for a reason. No mat will magically undo these fasteners. Even if the seat slides a little, those clips are designed to keep the car seat in its place.
Remember, this is a lawsuit happy society hence, the warnings on everything. Never take your child's safety lightly but also use common sense and do things the right way the first time.

Just my two cents,
Kevin