Comprehensive LED Upgrade Guide with Photos

JF22GGTelly

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I also ordered LA Plus using 20% coupon. Also ordered rear license plate and back up lights. I think, one needs to do this dipper more than once to communicate. I am not sure one quick flicker can be interpreted as right of the way.
I just received the Lasfit backup lights but haven't installed them yet. Lasfit posted a helpful video which you may have seen that describes the installation which is quite a bit more complicated than the headlight bulbs. Here's a link to the video that shows the installation of the LED headlight, license plate, and backup bulbs.

ritholtz

Reaction score
I just received the Lasfit backup lights but haven't installed them yet. Lasfit posted a helpful video which you may have seen that describes the installation which is quite a bit more complicated than the headlight bulbs. Here's a link to the video that shows the installation of the LED headlight, license plate, and backup bulbs.
Thanks for the information. Installed latest Lasfit headlights and rear license plate lights. They are working fine with 2022 EX. Now, surrounding DRL's and lights are in same color. I have removed desiccant as dust cap felt tight with it. Removed desiccant, cover and screws. Just installed dust cap only. Bulbs gets pretty hot. I am assuming, dust cap can survive the heat without desiccant and cover.

Now i need to figure out how to install reverse lights.

Last edited:

ritholtz

Reaction score
I am not sure if my bulbs are working fine. I took these pictures from driver seat. Tesla is left to my car. Lights in front of Tesla are much brighter. Driver side LED seems to be fine on my car. Not sure if there is something wrong with passenger side LED. You can see light shade of the car standing driver side blindview in front of passenger side of my car.

IMG_1495.jpg IMG_1496.jpg

Last edited:

ritholtz

Reaction score
I took these pics when parked in garage. I can hear fans wining noise. Fans are working fine i guess.

IMG_1498.jpg IMG_1500.jpg

ritholtz

Reaction score
Car in front of me is Tesla. They have brightest lights on the street. I think, i have a problem with right side light. I am going to get new light for right side.

IMG_1501.jpg

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Alphabets

Reaction score
2020 SX-P here.....what led's do I already have that would not need to be replaced if I wanted to use this tutorial as a guide to swapping out all my halogens? I'm not sure if everything is halogen or if the SX already comes with some LED's.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it!

Reaction score
My understanding is the the higher, SX trim comes equipped with LED headlights, fog lights, and tail lights.

Caveats: I do not know for certain if all of that holds true for a 2020 SX as opposed to a 2022 SX. I also do not know if the back up light on an SX is LED or halogen.

Patsfan29

Reaction score
2020 SX-P here.....what led's do I already have that would not need to be replaced if I wanted to use this tutorial as a guide to swapping out all my halogens? I'm not sure if everything is halogen or if the SX already comes with some LED's.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it!
You would need to swap the reverse lights and license plate lights only

elmuchachos

Reaction score
As someone who is uneasy messing with anything car related, I can assure others out there like me that changing the headlight, reverse light and license plate bulbs are super easy and can do them all in 10 minutes or so.

AZTellurideBLK

Reaction score
As someone who is uneasy messing with anything car related, I can assure others out there like me that changing the headlight, reverse light and license plate bulbs are super easy and can do them all in 10 minutes or so.
Reverse lights are not a 10-minute job fyi.

JF22GGTelly

Reaction score
Car in front of me is Tesla. They have brightest lights on the street. I think, i have a problem with right side light. I am going to get new light for right side.

View attachment 27587
Wondering if you replaced the right side LED and if it made any difference? It seems like one of the weaknesses of the projector lenses on the Telluride is that they restrict the amount of light directed to the sides. Replacing the halogens with LEDs seems to help a little bit but can't completely overcome the lens design. It makes it a bit of a challenge to see around the corners particularly when making a hard right hand turn onto a side street without street lights. Another weakness is that there is a very sharp vertical cutoff that leaves street signs poorly illuminated, including speed limit and stop signs. Switching to the high beams takes care of this problem but obviously can't be used if there is oncoming traffic. As I learned from another poster, the "high beams" switch doesn't turn on a separate bulb or filament but, instead, just moves shades that limit the height of the beam coming from the projector lenses. Some Telluride owners with high mileage vehicles, particularly with a lot of night driving, report failures of the shading mechanism. This is the only significant weakness I've found with my 2022 Telluride.