No soliciting permitted.

CS 9991 201911 - "Windshield Replacement Notice to Dealers"

bogie

Reaction score
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION INITIATIVE - Windshield Replacement

Attachments

bogie

Reaction score
Just a guess - but assumption is all will get the letter until Kia determines the problem and changes the composition or construction of the windshield - or whatever the cause of the failure is.

Gerald Ferguson

Reaction score
Just leased Telluride 3 weeks ago. Wife got a rock chip, yesterday. Strange shape not like normal chips. Safelight just tried to fix it and said no guarantees. I haven’t got any letter yet.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

phd1026

Reaction score
2 rock chips that I had repaired. No letter in the mail. Is there a reference number we can see or can someone post a cooy?

bogie

Reaction score
2 rock chips that I had repaired. No letter in the mail. Is there a reference number we can see or can someone post a cooy?
Download notice from first post in this thread - contains both the letter and notice to dealers

Kwim

Reaction score
Do I get it right:
Prior to any new notice / change in this bulletin, do all owners of telluride have a warranty from Kia for the replacement or repair of the windshield in case of damage to it except for an accident?

bogie

Reaction score
I'm not an attorney - but, if your issue falls within the parameters of the restrictions in the bulletin ("windshield chipping followed by extensive cracking within a short period of time, preventing repair of the chip"; "chip due to impact from road debris and windshield cracking preventing repair"), I would agree with your assessment.

For some who had this issue early, it continues to cover even a second windshield based on the interpretation of the underlined portion of this from the bulletin:
"- In an effort to ensure customer satisfaction, Kia will replace your Telluride's windshield as a goodwill gesture should it chip and crack thereby preventing repair of the chip while we continue to investigate this issue." Underline added.

So owners who took delivery thru at least the date of the bulletin should be covered regardless of when the chip/crack takes place as long as the claim fits the parameters. Those with early replacement windshields should also have those replacements covered until Kia indicates they've started using a different windshield composition.

The key is chip, followed quickly by extensive cracking. Just a significant chip does not qualify, and if taken in and they register the chip only with no cracks, the coverage ends there because they expect you to have the chip repaired. Unclear what happens if you repair a chip, then another chip occurs with cracking... I know I'd argue for coverage.

All of this is IMHO, FWIW.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just leased Telluride 3 weeks ago. Wife got a rock chip, yesterday. Strange shape not like normal chips. Safelight just tried to fix it and said no guarantees. I haven’t got any letter yet.
keep your receipts. You maybe able to get reimbursed