No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Dark Moss - should I stay with it?

Engs

Reaction score
I currently have a dark moss SX Prestige on order. It was either dark moss or black copper. I have about 3 weeks to change my order if I choose. The reason I am having second thoughts on the moss is that in many pictures I see online it looks very bland and not how i remember it seeing it at some of the professional pictures from various review sites and at the dealership. My question to dark moss owners is if you feel this is a color that looks better in real life and maybe just does not photograph as well as some of the others?

I greatly appreciate any feedback.

THANK YOU!

jleeser

Reaction score
I'd stay with the moss. The first time I saw one in dark moss irl, it was gorgeous. Such a chameleon colour. There's nothing about black copper as a shade that appeals to me personally, but a lot of people love it.

hammick

Reaction score
It's a tough call. To me black on the Telluride is the best looking. But I can't do black again. Nightmare to keep looking good.

I wanted the white but for some reason it doesn't look as good on the Telly as the darker colors.

I saw a Dark Moss Telly at my dealer and it was nice but not really my cup of tea.

Ended up with Gravity Gray for our SX. Not because I chose it but because it was the only SX available to us at a decent price with a decent trade in. Turns out Gravity Gray was our favorite color out of them all (other than the black).

Nemesis04

Reaction score
I have seen a total of 5 Tellurides in the wild so far and they have been all Gravity Gray. I saw the black at the dealership and it was sharp. Black is a real PITA to take care of, it turns into a full time job especially in the winter with road salt. Like chalk on a blackboard.

alexdrums

Reaction score
I don’t own a Moss but I have noticed it does look bland in low light...like on a cloudy day. In the sun or under lights it looks amazing. I have ordered a Snow White Pearl but that also has its own issues keeping clean.
The silver is a very cool color, if you don’t mind the black interior (which on the SXP is actually light black, I think).

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Whatever color you choose will make you happy. The Telluride is just that outstanding. The Black Copper is only on SX trims, currently, so that is a differentiating factor. We have moss with dune, and love it. Definitely changes colors depending on ambient light. I'd get it ceramic coated or polished up to really bring out the shine. Using high quality wash products will also help. Same recommendation for Black Copper.

kane

Reaction score
It's a tough call. To me black on the Telluride is the best looking. But I can't do black again. Nightmare to keep looking good.

I wanted the white but for some reason it doesn't look as good on the Telly as the darker colors.

I saw a Dark Moss Telly at my dealer and it was nice but not really my cup of tea.

Ended up with Gravity Gray for our SX. Not because I chose it but because it was the only SX available to us at a decent price with a decent trade in. Turns out Gravity Gray was our favorite color out of them all (other than the black).
Is it easier to keep a Gravity Grey cleaner than a white Telluride ?

hammick

Reaction score
Is it easier to keep a Gravity Grey cleaner than a white Telluride ?
No white is the easiest to keep clean and hides the swirl marks. I didn't say Gravity Gray was easier to keep clean. It looks a lot better than the white even when dirty IMHO.

JCzoom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We ordered a Moss SX and have had it since July. No Regrets!! By far the best color IMO. It looks the best with the black plastic trim and black wheels. No, it's not flashy, but such a rich,uncommon, rugged looking color. Black and black copper look great. In the showroom. And IMO again, too much black with the wheels and trim. Go for it!! You'll love it!

TheNip73

Reaction score
Anytime you are second guessing yourself, the answer is no.

wait it out until you aren’t second guessing or pick another color.

GrumpDaddyB

Reaction score
We have an Ebony Black SX/Butterscotch and Dark Moss SXP/Dune. We like them both and yes,in dark/low light the Dark Moss is less flashy and almost brown. I like the black combination but my wife and I both really like the Dark Moss. It's personal preference though. Whatever you choose, you'll love the vehicle. Just remember, the darker colors definitely show dirt.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
No white is the easiest to keep clean and hides the swirl marks. I didn't say Gravity Gray was easier to keep clean. It looks a lot better than the white even when dirty IMHO.
Wrong, a light to mid grey silver would be the easiest color to keep looking clean.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

kane

Reaction score
Subjective :)

Kindguy

Reaction score
I currently have a dark moss SX Prestige on order. It was either dark moss or black copper. I have about 3 weeks to change my order if I choose. The reason I am having second thoughts on the moss is that in many pictures I see online it looks very bland and not how i remember it seeing it at some of the professional pictures from various review sites and at the dealership. My question to dark moss owners is if you feel this is a color that looks better in real life and maybe just does not photograph as well as some of the others?

I greatly appreciate any feedback.

THANK YOU!
White Telly in daylight is an eye candy but since you only have black and moss. Go with Moss, will show less when dirty than the black. Either way you won't go wrong with either one. You'll be so busy enjoying the ride that the color choice will be a long memory. Believe me.

GrandeVT

Reaction score
I live on a dirt road. Nothing is ever clean. I bought my first choice, dark moss. When dirty, it's the same color as the dirt so it blends. When clean, it looks like many different colors depending on lighting. It is a color as opposed to many that are shades of grey between white and black. The longer I've had it, the more I like it.

Totally subjective, no bad choice.