No soliciting permitted.

Dimming mirror with Homelink.

msgbow

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yep, have to agree. As good a ride as the Telluride is (SX) the Homelink buttons without light are a major bummer. The other concern I have is the missing weather. Have no idea how to even see the outside temperature on any of my displays.

WhiteSX

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yep, have to agree. As good a ride as the Telluride is (SX) the Homelink buttons without light are a major bummer. The other concern I have is the missing weather. Have no idea how to even see the outside temperature on any of my displays.
Ask your dealer for the latest infotainment software update. I will also display outside temp in the weather window if it's "loading." A bit redundant. Guess it's better than watching the weather load

skytanker2003

Reaction score
The dealer sent me the instructions for wiring. Have to run power harness down the driver pillar to the fuse box and it gets t-tapped in.
Do you happen to still have these instructions? Looking into getting the homelink mirror eventually once the prices come down. Found one on KiaPartWorld for $250 so they're coming down already.

Chchoe78

Reaction score
The dealer sent me the instructions for wiring. Have to run power harness down the driver pillar to the fuse box and it gets t-tapped in.
Do you have the diagram? If so can you post?

msgbow

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Was the wrong mirror. Mine has the three buttons on the left with power indicator in the center. Ground was the center plug and the two switched hots are on both ends. Had to use a multimeter to find the ground then trial and error for the switched power.

gibsonic

Reaction score
have the SX, still have my regular garage opener on my visor since I haven't taken the time to setup the homelink. devils advocate on not having lit homelink is that it might be considered a visual distraction as it is in the rearview mirror. At a minimum it would be cool if they could light up a little when under 15mph or something. Love my Telly, this forum, and all the FB groups but we are seriously in the 'First World Problems' bubble.

TheNip73

Reaction score
They aren't lit up on my 2019 Sorento SX either. I agree that's a fail.
Most cars woth homelink in the mirror I have experience with are not illuminated. I think whoever the mirror supplier is only makes it not lit and sells it to several manufacturers.

The Telluride mirror from pics seems to match the one in my wife’s 2014 Outback.

Steve in Denver

Reaction score
I have had homelink on two other cars, and the Telluride is the only car that I can’t find the buttons on. I can’t say for sure that the other cars are actively lit, but something about the buttons / arrangement / cabin ambient lighting made it so that could always find the buttons without a thought.

The telluride homelink mirror is a total fail, especially considering I paid $350 for it. POS.

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
It would have been nice if the HomeLink buttons are illuminated. That said, I just learned to use the Indicator light as a frame of reference when using/pressing my specific garage door button.

1576555840705.png

Steve in Denver

Reaction score
I don’t think mine has the indicator light in that position. In fact I think my other cars were like that, so the buttons themselves may not be lighted but the indicator ight gives a reference point like you say. I’m pretty sure the indicator light on mine is in the glass part of the mirror itself (like in a semi transparent way)

I will take a picture when I get a chance.

Steve in Denver

Reaction score
The first picture shows the buttons - it’s hard to tell, but no lights in between like in the diagram above. The second picture shows what happens when you push a button. The lights come from behind the mirror glass.

the buttons do have white markings on black background, but for whatever reason it isn’t enough contrast to show up at night. It’s not a huge deal, I guess, but I fumble with the buttons every time, which never used to happen.
206B7918-93B6-46CA-B5FD-473D3C7FE266.jpeg FE0E619C-976E-4B9E-BB6B-2B6213E5DD9C.jpeg

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
The first picture shows the buttons - it’s hard to tell, but no lights in between like in the diagram above. The second picture shows what happens when you push a button. The lights come from behind the mirror glass.

the buttons do have white markings on black background, but for whatever reason it isn’t enough contrast to show up at night. It’s not a huge deal, I guess, but I fumble with the buttons every time, which never used to happen.
Yeah...definitely a different set-up than the standard HomeLink/Auto Dimming mirror on the SX trim.

Do they have tactile buttons? I have the Honda Pilot that has those bumps in the buttons that help (also not illuminated).

SouthTelly

Reaction score
Can you share the install instructions?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!