Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Do we really need change oil around every 4K?

tellride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Is that too often for a oil change. My Acura and Mazda both take 8k-10k to change the oil. What do you think

Buckeye-TRide

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes it’s 7.5k or 3.5k depending on your driving habits. Oil changes are cheap insurance and you aren’t hurting anything by changing it too often. However some manufacturers oil change intervals are too long with motors that actually burn a quart of oil every few thousand miles. I’ll be sticking to changes at every 3-4K miles. Excessive? Maybe. But I’d rather spend a few hundred dollars too many to avoid a big engine issue due to poorly designed oil change schedules like my last vehicle.

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Isn't there an oil sensor that shows the oil life you have left in the vehicle? On the gauge cluster? I know the first few you are supposed to get them sooner with a new engine. 4k tops.

JoshuaR

Reaction score
I go by what the manufacturer says. My BMW recommended 15,000, followed it. My Prius recommended 10,000, followed it. Both vehicles got to 100,000 miles before I traded them. My last Chrysler that I traded for the Telluride didn’t have a mileage recommendation, but it had an oil life indicator and I changed it at ~10-15%, usually 8,000 miles.

TontoKowalski

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You should have something like this in your UVO App(see below). Also for those that don't know you can login on a computer via kia owners portal and its much more responsive and seems a lot easier to manage if your needing to change things or settings.

Attachments

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You should have something like this in your UVO App(see below). Also for those that don't know you can login on a computer via kia owners portal and its much more responsive and seems a lot easier to manage if your needing to change things or settings.
Is there anything on the car that shows oil life? I sure hope so!

drizzt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Regardless of miles, I'm thinking of oil change/tire rotation interval of 6 months. I don't travel a lot, so I expect the interval to be 5-6k miles. I'm debating if I shall stick with the default oil or upgrade to fully synthetic...

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Regardless of miles, I'm thinking of oil change/tire rotation interval of 6 months. I don't travel a lot, so I expect the interval to be 5-6k miles. I'm debating if I shall stick with the default oil or upgrade to fully synthetic...
Full synthetic surely. Worth the extra $20 per change....

Member Support

Please keep ths community Ad Free with a Supporting Member account today! For as little as $0.05 per day, you can keep this community online and ad free. CLICK HERE to send your support!