No soliciting permitted.

Do you use UVO?

Dusky Dragon

Reaction score
I’ve had my 21 SXP for a couple weeks now and have not activated UVO. I know it’s free for a year but do how do y’all feel about it? Do you use if for anything, I get that you’d use it on a ‘20 for remote start but other than that does it do anything cool other than update the weather app? Thanks for your thoughts.

KML

Reaction score
I use it all the time. I live in the Chicago area so for the winter the remote start is great when you're not near the vehicle - I fly every week (not during the pandemic :() so when I land at the airport I like to remotely start my vehicle so it's warmed up when I get to the parking lot. The temperature settings are great as I can set the heat for winter and cool for summer. I also like to check if the vehicle is locked and to have the ability to activate Valet alert. Find My Car is nice should your vehicle ever get stolen or you have kids that drive it.

My opinion - I will definitely purchase the UVO service after the 1 year free subscription.

qwikhit

SUSTAINING MEMBER
Reaction score
I use it all the time to lock the Telly because my wife forgets. That’s the main feature I use; I have remotes started it a few times and the locate feature is handy from time to time. Not sure I’ll pay the $295 after the first year but I will for sure keep some level of subscription

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
I like UVO and use it a lot that I’ve even renewed my subscription.

I use it to start my KT before I leave my office using the web portal, since we can’t have cellular devices in our workplace. And having a remote start with the fob will be useless for my use case due to distance.

The KT is warm and cozy (or cool in the summer) by the time I get to the parking lot.

I also like the notifications you get if the KT was left unlocked, or forgot something in backseat (rear occupancy alert).

Last edited:

Tellthemride

Reaction score
Really depends on your needs and lifestyle. I personally don’t have a need for UVO link since I installed Accessorides with CarLink on my ‘20 SXP. Even though CarLink only does a small fraction of what UVO Link is capable of (remote lock/remote start only), it suits my needs

UVO Link Features
  1. Climate Scheduling - like to head to work in the morning or head home and not have to worry about remembering to start your car to warm up/cool down? You can set the car to auto start two separate times in the day.
  2. Find My Car - Go hiking or park in the city often and forgot where you parked? This is basically GPS location for you car. (Apple/Google maps can also save parking locations too though)
  3. Alerts - Big brother type monitoring (speed, distance, location, curfew). Useful to notify if your alarm is sounding or you forgot your kid/dog in the back seat.
  4. My Trips - See log of trips traveled l, again big brother, in case your kids or the Kia dealership goes for a joy ride somewhere they aren’t authorized to. Can also use to report for business expenses traveled.
  5. Remote Climate - set whether you want the car to be max hot max cold or custom set point. Something you can’t do from the fob. Also can control defrosters.
  6. Alexa/Google Assistant Control - If you are big into smart connected devices, have your voice assistant start/lock your car.
  7. Connected Routing/Voice Assist - If you like to use onboard navigation (not CayPlay/AA) this feature gove you ability to sync POIs from phone to car using Kia Access app. Voice assist lets you use internet to search for POIs in the car.

PittPa

Reaction score
I use it everyday! I think if there wasn't a subscription, there would be very little complaining. Mine is up next month and I am definitely renewing, hopefully with a discount with some negotiating. For the price of a bottle of wine, I will keep my monthly subscription.

PassingTime

Reaction score
My T is an outdoor car so I get frequent use. Besides the remote start, I get notice if I have left the door unlocked which I tend do frequently so I can lock it without going out again. I also like the location feature and my insurance gives me a small discount as it is essentially a tracking device. I'm only about 3 months in on ownership so I will see how much I will use it and what the cost is as I get close to the end of my free year to determine if I will keep it. Features are nice but don't like feeling like I am being held hostage for information that I should have access to anyway in this day and age where everything item is a smart item. The electronics are installed in the car, I paid for it and I am paying for the maintenance for the car so this should go along with it for little or nothing. Look at all the 'free' apps that are out there for goodness sake. Commercialize it, KIA with ads if you must but keep it free or reasonably priced.

Dusky Dragon

Reaction score
Features are nice but don't like feeling like I am being held hostage for information that I should have access to anyway in this day and age where everything item is a smart item. The electronics are installed in the car, I paid for it and I am paying for the maintenance for the car so this should go along with it for little or nothing. Look at all the 'free' apps that are out there for goodness sake. Commercialize it, KIA with ads if you must but keep it free or reasonably priced.
Perfectly stated and I couldn’t agree more! Somebody get Kia on the horn!

Tellthemride

Reaction score
so this should go along with it for little or nothing
If the car could connect to home WiFi, or to your phone via bluetooth to control Kia Access, I could see this happening. It would be pretty sweet to have all the features to use for free. This would totally disrupt the subscription-based industry for smart car functions whichever car manufacturer (besides Tesla) decides to start this trend.

But so long as it requires cell service to operate, this will likely never happen. Just as your cell phone service costs will never go down or will ever be free. In fact it only goes higher and higher the more data phones (and eventually cars) consume more and more each year.

Last edited:

Hmellish

Reaction score
I’ve had my 21 SXP for a couple weeks now and have not activated UVO. I know it’s free for a year but do how do y’all feel about it? Do you use if for anything, I get that you’d use it on a ‘20 for remote start but other than that does it do anything cool other than update the weather app? Thanks for your thoughts.
Don’t use it. Wont pay for it

Husker Soze

Staff member
Reaction score
If the car could connect to home WiFi, or to your phone via bluetooth to control Kia Access, I could see this happening. It would be pretty sweet to have all the features to use for free. This would totally disrupt the subscription-based industry for smart car functions whichever car manufacturer (besides Tesla) decides to start this trend.

But so long as it requires cell service to operate, this will likely never happen. Just as your cell phone service costs will never go down or will ever be free. In fact it only goes higher and higher the more data phones (and eventually cars) consume more and more each year.

This is the current state of services (subscription based) right now.
Software has been moving towards this model for a while (remember Windows OS).

Understand that others think that paying for a car entitles them to all the features they want because they think that what they paid should be enough to support all these features and the required upkeep.

BubCam

Reaction score
I have a 2021 SX AWD with prestige package, I have not used UVO and don’t see me ever getting it.

Cameron

Reaction score
I can see the benefits for tracking and such, but it's such a cumbersome app (the delays everyone's already mentioned) that we never use it. One of those thing's that will expire and we probably won't notice is gone. I could get on a soap box about the whole starting cars to warm them up discussion, but we'll save that for another day.

PassingTime

Reaction score
The question is do you use UVO. Answer is yes I do, it is included, it is free. I will try it for now, but it could be improved and certainly not worth paying for at the full price in its current configuration. It is not slow for me but that is my situation so I am at least trying it out free for the first year. I offered up my opinion of some options for the future of the app and how to keep the cost down to something reasonable or free. I am not a fan of subscription services, even small ones can add up to a huge number before you know it. I give services a trial during the free period as long as I do not have to give out a CC or be proactive to cancel before I am charged. JMO

Kellen

Reaction score
About the only thing I 'use' on my 2021 is the weather feature showing you the forecast on the headunit. But that's about it. I don't see myself paying for it once it expires.

superk1977

Reaction score
Are there different options for prices/features on UVO when the subscription runs out? Just wondering if there are "tiers" that you can get.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

superk1977

Reaction score
Really depends on your needs and lifestyle. I personally don’t have a need for UVO link since I installed Accessorides with CarLink on my ‘20 SXP. Even though CarLink only does a small fraction of what UVO Link is capable of (remote lock/remote start only), it suits my needs

UVO Link Features
  1. Climate Scheduling - like to head to work in the morning or head home and not have to worry about remembering to start your car to warm up/cool down? You can set the car to auto start two separate times in the day.
  2. Find My Car - Go hiking or park in the city often and forgot where you parked? This is basically GPS location for you car. (Apple/Google maps can also save parking locations too though)
  3. Alerts - Big brother type monitoring (speed, distance, location, curfew). Useful to notify if your alarm is sounding or you forgot your kid/dog in the back seat.
  4. My Trips - See log of trips traveled l, again big brother, in case your kids or the Kia dealership goes for a joy ride somewhere they aren’t authorized to. Can also use to report for business expenses traveled.
  5. Remote Climate - set whether you want the car to be max hot max cold or custom set point. Something you can’t do from the fob. Also can control defrosters.
  6. Alexa/Google Assistant Control - If you are big into smart connected devices, have your voice assistant start/lock your car.
  7. Connected Routing/Voice Assist - If you like to use onboard navigation (not CayPlay/AA) this feature gove you ability to sync POIs from phone to car using Kia Access app. Voice assist lets you use internet to search for POIs in the car.
Can you elaborate on Accessorides? Never heard of it, and sounds interesting if it still offers the remote lock/start option. What is the cost? Thanks!

Tellthemride

Reaction score
Are there different options for prices/features on UVO when the subscription runs out? Just wondering if there are "tiers" that you can get.
If you go to the UVO Link website and tap on packages at the top, you will see what features each tier will give you. Basically 2nd highest tier required for the most useful feature (remote start). The highest tier required for Google Assistant/Alexa integration and internet POI search from the infotainment and voice recognition.

Can you elaborate on Accessorides? Never heard of it, and sounds interesting if it still offers the remote lock/start option. What is the cost? Thanks!
At the moment I think the Accessorides module is only advertised for the 2020 model year. You can reach out to them to check compatibility or any 2021 models versions they plan to release. The CarLink add on module is universal with many third party brand remote starters though, so if you can find one that supports it for use with the 2021 Telluride, you can enjoy the benefits of a cheaper CarLink connected smartphone starter subscription plan.

Attachments

• 08CAF9BD-616F-4598-B24C-6311A26A922D.jpeg
    08CAF9BD-616F-4598-B24C-6311A26A922D.jpeg
    134.8 KB · Views: 8

superk1977

Reaction score
If you go to the UVO Link website and tap on packages at the top, you will see what features each tier will give you. Basically 2nd highest tier required for the most useful feature (remote start). The highest tier required for Google Assistant/Alexa integration and internet POI search from the infotainment and voice recognition.

At the moment I think the Accessorides module is only advertised for the 2020 model year. You can reach out to them to check compatibility or any 2021 models versions they plan to release. The CarLink add on module is universal with many third party brand remote starters though, so if you can find one that supports it for use with the 2021 Telluride, you can enjoy the benefits of a cheaper CarLink connected smartphone starter subscription plan.
got it, thanks!