No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Does the front driver seat retract upon exit?

stbentoak

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
When you turn off the vehicle, does the wheel go up and seat retract, say like an easy entry/exit feature on other vehicles? And on the SX does it have preprogrammed his and hers seat and radio preferential settings determined by the entering fob used?

Dandy

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Regarding the steering wheel, I would assume not. Based on the videos, it appears that the wheel adjustments are manual and not electronic. Without an electronic control, there is no way for the vehicle to make this adjustment automatically. If that is not available, I doubt that the seat will automatically go back as well.

I have no idea on the key fob. You do have the 2 position buttons for seat/mirror memory.

Razorback

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
When you turn off the vehicle, does the wheel go up and seat retract, say like an easy entry/exit feature on other vehicles? And on the SX does it have preprogrammed his and hers seat and radio preferential settings determined by the entering fob used?
The seat does slide back on exit but the steering wheel is a manual adjustment so no easy entry/exit feature for the steering wheel like my Jeep Grand Cherokee had but the seat sliding back has been good enough for me. I have not used more than one Key Fob on my SX but it does have two different memory options for seat position and mirror adjustment with just the touch of a button on the door panel. I am unsure if the radio will adjust to your last station or not. I might have to try that out and see.

bogie

Reaction score
Resurrecting an older thread because the title is the correct topic.

In User Settings (controlled thru the steering wheel buttons) > Convenience > Seat (Forward/Backward) Easy Access = set to Extended

This seems to work - turn the vehicle off and the seat motors backward as far as it can go, when you start the vehicle motors forward to the last position it was in.

Also in User Settings > Convenience > Seat (Upward/Downward) Easy Access = Checked On

This does not seem to work... it does not lower the seat. If I manually adjust after the seat auto retracts, there is a fair amount (not overly) of distance for it to go down... I've tried starting at other heights, but still no lowering...

Was hoping by having both activated that the seat would retract and lower for vehicle off, then motor up and forward for vehicle on.

Does anyone have it doing both and is the up/down significant?

Also doesn't appear the memory settings are by key fob - only by manual pressing of memory position buttons (Subaru had this one down - although a little creepy - saved up to 5 different drivers settings for seat, mirrors and more using facial recognition)

Any help appreciated.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

hammick

Reaction score
The keys do not tie into the memory settings like some other vehicles. Not a huge deal for us since we'd pretty much has the same radio presets anyway.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Resurrecting an older thread because the title is the correct topic.

In User Settings (controlled thru the steering wheel buttons) > Convenience > Seat (Forward/Backward) Easy Access = set to Extended

This seems to work - turn the vehicle off and the seat motors backward as far as it can go, when you start the vehicle motors forward to the last position it was in.

Also in User Settings > Convenience > Seat (Upward/Downward) Easy Access = Checked On

This does not seem to work... it does not lower the seat. If I manually adjust after the seat auto retracts, there is a fair amount (not overly) of distance for it to go down... I've tried starting at other heights, but still no lowering...

Was hoping by having both activated that the seat would retract and lower for vehicle off, then motor up and forward for vehicle on.

Does anyone have it doing both and is the up/down significant?

Also doesn't appear the memory settings are by key fob - only by manual pressing of memory position buttons (Subaru had this one down - although a little creepy - saved up to 5 different drivers settings for seat, mirrors and more using facial recognition)

Any help appreciated.
The wife drives with the seat all the way up and all the way forward. It moves significantly when in her seat position both back and down. I drive with it all the way down and almost all the way back and it doesn't move at all.