Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Does the Telluride have WiFi capability?

BanditLover

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If my Telluride has wifi I have not been able to find it yet. I have always used my cell phone to create a hotspot so I have not really needed a car wifi, many of which require an expensive subscription. The car has a modem which is used to connect the Kia Access with UVO application.

Kap10

Reaction score
I would agree with you 100% but my cell phone is covered through my employer and I don’t think they would appreciate me letting my children stream across the state on their plan.

Kap10

Reaction score
Yes. It’s a headache that a DVD player isn’t an option nor a WiFi hotspot. It’s like they don’t want to gear towards families. Maybe my position isn’t very common. Who knows...

Ovibos

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes. It’s a headache that a DVD player isn’t an option nor a WiFi hotspot. It’s like they don’t want to gear towards families. Maybe my position isn’t very common. Who knows...
My general answer to this kind of question is that the manufacturer did market research and found the particular use case isn't worth addressing, for whatever reasons (cost/demand/usage/etc.)

Anecdotally, I have an 8yo and a 5yo, and we never use DVDs anywhere, just iPads - which are better screens than a car would have, and each kid can do their own thing.
If the kids need WiFi, I'll use my phone as a hotspot.

BanditLover

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You can purchase a small plug in wifi hotspot from Best Buy for under $30 (UNREAL Mobile - Netgear Unite Hotspot). In the next few months 5G services are being rolled out so it might be worth waiting to get the newer technology. We subscribe to Amazon Prime and Hulu plus live tv so we use a Kindle Fire to watch movies and live tv while traveling. The Telluride has at least 1 USB port for each seat so it works well for our family to have a custom media experience while traveling.

Ovibos

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You can purchase a small plug in wifi hotspot from Best Buy for under $30 (UNREAL Mobile - Netgear Unite Hotspot). In the next few months 5G services are being rolled out so it might be worth waiting to get the newer technology. We subscribe to Amazon Prime and Hulu plus live tv so we use a Kindle Fire to watch movies and live tv while traveling. The Telluride has at least 1 USB port for each seat so it works well for our family to have a custom media experience while traveling.
Bear in mind that 5G services will be limited initially, and phones with it are coming later.

Also, AT&T's "5Ge" is marketing nonsense.

thisismn

Reaction score
I completely agree with BanditLover. BYOD to the car and please keep away from putting tech that is already or will become out dated in 1-3 years.

Txbkldy

Reaction score
If my Telluride has wifi I have not been able to find it yet. I have always used my cell phone to create a hotspot so I have not really needed a car wifi, many of which require an expensive subscription. The car has a modem which is used to connect the Kia Access with UVO application.
If only Verizon worked in my area. Unfortunately, it doesn’t, making UVO obsolete for me.

Txbkldy

Reaction score
We didn’t know it used Verizon either, just knew that something wasn’t working right with it. I’m unable to use the app for anything. Went back to the dealer on Thursday for a short in the interior lights. While we were there we got to the bottom of the UVO issue. Got to say I’m a little upset that this technology that I paid for with the car doesn’t work in the area where I live.

Rondakay

Staff member
Reaction score
We didn’t know it used Verizon either, just knew that something wasn’t working right with it. I’m unable to use the app for anything. Went back to the dealer on Thursday for a short in the interior lights. While we were there we got to the bottom of the UVO issue. Got to say I’m a little upset that this technology that I paid for with the car doesn’t work in the area where I live.
Trust me you are not missing much by the UVO app not working. I sincerely doubt that you can find more than a couple of people who have used it more than a couple of times. It is a novelty but not great. And I really doubt there was any type of premium added to the price due to it's existence.

Txbkldy

Reaction score
Trust me you are not missing much by the UVO app not working. I sincerely doubt that you can find more than a couple of people who have used it more than a couple of times. It is a novelty but not great. And I really doubt there was any type of premium added to the price due to it's existence.
Ah come on, you know they added a price...

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Ovibos

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I use it for the remote start and will use it daily in the winter to warm the car up.

Jeff Persson

Reaction score
I use it for the remote start and will use it daily in the winter to warm the car up.
Yep. With summer temps in the 100s I use it to start the climate control when I’m at my desk so it’s cooled down by the time I get to the parking garage, but it’s alerts and messages are really buggy.