Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Driver Side Door Window

jeffbcolo

Reaction score
This is crazy. I am on a long road trip with my < 300 miles Telluride. We are driving probably 80 mph on the interstate (legal in MT), I roll down the driver window to feel the temperature outside. Fine enough. I roll up the window but to my astonishment, the window won't seal - the wind pressure is causing the window to bow out and not align with the grove in the door seal. Then the safety feature that reverses the closing as if an arm or something is in the way (as it should) rolls the window back down. The window will not close at all. Glad it wasn't raining. I literally had to slow down to 40 mph to get the window to close. Nothing I have ever experienced before in any vehicle. Design problem? I honestly don't know how a dealer can fix that issue. Nothing is bent and the window works fine if you are not at highway speeds. Yikes.

DRK

Reaction score
[Edited]
I experienced similar problem with the passenger side window while driving about 80mph on I-70 in Utah. It looked like wind pressure pushed the window seal, so there was a slight gap between the seal and window, that made whistle. The window was closed though. I slowed down only a couple of miles and retried closing, then it closed completely.
It might be a design flaw. Just do not open windows on high speed driving like 80mph.

Last edited:

Shane in RR

Reaction score
Mine, too. Kia is going to have to address this. If you don’t want to slow down, crack a widow on the other side and roll up the offending window first or roll them both up at the same time.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
G

G-128304

I have the same issue with wind causing the driver and passenger side window to whistle at speeds greater than 60 mph. Currently having this addressed at Kia Dealership. Got a call earlier today from dealership saying that that an exact make an model S has same wind/whistling issue. Their mechanics have initially chalked this up as being an aerodynamic issue that is common across (at least 2) vehicles. I have requested that they call Kia and look into the problem to see if there is a fix.