No soliciting permitted.

Dual Exhaust

ScottGeek

Reaction score
It would be cool to see the underside.... how these are mounted. Full flow from the manifold or split at the end (I take it they are connected to the exhaust).

Tellthemride

Reaction score
It would be cool to see the underside.... how these are mounted. Full flow from the manifold or split at the end (I take it they are connected to the exhaust).
Would they need to install new mounts and heat shield the whole length of the car to make it full flow? Didn’t even know that was possible.

I have seen on another thread or forum that you need to unmount the spare tire for dual exhaust though.

Kwim

Reaction score
@Chief, fake (tips only) or working fully connected.

Reaction score
Fake or not, this is sweet! How much do folks think this costs (both fake tips or fully connected)?

Kwim

Reaction score
If this is a fake, there is no connection, in winter and in cold weather it will look very funny when steam comes from one pipe and not from the other.

Reaction score
If this is a fake, there is no connection, in winter and in cold weather it will look very funny when steam comes from one pipe and not from the other.
Who has the dry ice connect?? lolz

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ScottGeek

Reaction score
Would they need to install new mounts and heat shield the whole length of the car to make it full flow? Didn’t even know that was possible.

I have seen on another thread or forum that you need to unmount the spare tire for dual exhaust though.
Indeed, I would not expect this to be full flow... way too much in between the manifold and the end of the suv. And even a split would be a problem... There's the spare tire that's in the way.

I do agree they do like cool.... of course it would be a dead give away on a cold/wet day when you see vapor coming out only one side :) Still - an interesting look.

joelpend

Reaction score
That looks and sounds great, thats how it should come from the factory.
Looks are great but I think the sound is terrible. High performance V8 is what I think sounds nice or maybe a Porsche 911. Most 4 and 6 cylinder I prefer stock quiet. To each his own taste and opinion.

Kwim

Reaction score
Looks are great but I think the sound is terrible. High performance V8 is what I think sounds nice or maybe a Porsche 911. Most 4 and 6 cylinder I prefer stock quiet. To each his own taste and opinion.
Well, this is not a problem, manufacturers have already solved this problem a long time ago:
There is such a Skoda car, enter the VAG concern.
They released a sports version - RS. Since the engine was not much changed, the sound was terrible, so the engineers came up with a sound generator that simulates the sound of a sports exhaust through the speakers.
But the steam from the second pipe, if it is a fake, has not yet been invented. Although the dry ice idea from @My Car is a 2001 is cool.

joelpend

Reaction score
Well, this is not a problem, manufacturers have already solved this problem a long time ago:
There is such a Skoda car, enter the VAG concern.
They released a sports version - RS. Since the engine was not much changed, the sound was terrible, so the engineers came up with a sound generator that simulates the sound of a sports exhaust through the speakers.
But the steam from the second pipe, if it is a fake, has not yet been invented. Although the dry ice idea from @My Car is a 2001 is cool.
I am pretty sure the left side is connected and not fake. I know there is an aftermarket true dual exhaust, just on the rear portion of the exhaust system.