You've found the busiest Telluride community online!

Please register and become a member. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Empty Nesters !

Alan

Reaction score
Hi all, Just curious any Telluride owners out there or folks considering buying it that are empty nesters?
We don’t have kids but there’s no large 5 seater currently in the market that gets me excited!
Is it crazy to consider this if you don’t have kids?

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Hi all, Just curious any Telluride owners out there or folks considering buying it that are empty nesters?
We don’t have kids but there’s no large 5 seater currently in the market that gets me excited!
The best part about this is that it stays clean! I'd be all in!

irosenberg

Reaction score
We just bought ours in September. Downsized from a Ford Expedition. My wife likes to drive larger vehicles for better visibility and to feel safer with all of the pickups on the roads. We are almost 60 and look forward to many road trips and some snowbirding during the winter months. The Telluride is much quieter, has substantially better fuel economy, safety equipment that wasn't yet invented when our '05 Expedition was designed and built. In the end it is a personal decision based on your particular situation and desires in a vehicle.received_396772441218738.jpegreceived_370265600529395.jpeg

Last edited:

hammick

Reaction score
We don’t have kids. Bought the Telluride so our lab Princess is comfy on long trips.

15A5999B-08FA-4A5C-8850-8E9E46463E57.jpeg943736CC-6105-4B6D-952C-6D757B2065BC.jpeg

RetSab

Reaction score
I use mine to go golf around 100 times, large bag & pushcart are easy to load. I even have room to take recyclables and large bag of trash on certain days. I moved 4 large tires with plenty of room. Also nice when home projects require 2 x 4s and other items.

wvtelluride

Reaction score
We have kids, but 90% of the time they are riding in our other vehicle. This is actually my daily commuter, so generally just me... but I love the size, comfort, and look. A bigger gas tank or better MPG would have been nice, but you have to give somewhere! I don't think you would regret it.

drizzt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We still have our kids, and our 2006 Sienna was showing its age. Considered another Sienna, but there were reports of transmission issues and Highlander's interior was too cramped. I saw the rave Youtube reviews in March and 'just go to the dealership and take a look' became a trade in and a lease of my KT EX. Wife and I are getting old and we also enjoy the commanding view offered by SUV's, so that was the reason behind purchase of KT and Rav4.

Chasfitter

Reaction score
empty nester here with a golden retriever and grandkids, telluride does not disappoint for this old man!😀

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We are empty nesters and bought one. The wife loves a bigger, taller vehicle she can sit high in. We also have 4 grandkids that we like to take places once in a while. We also go on vacations with other friends or family members and gives us the ability to take one vehicle. We have the Stinger for jaunts around if we don't need the big vehicle. We also have a Mustang convertible for those fun days as we call them.

Jason Fox

AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
We are empty nesters and bought one. The wife loves a bigger, taller vehicle she can sit high in. We also have 4 grandkids that we like to take places once in a while. We also go on vacations with other friends or family members and gives us the ability to take one vehicle. We have the Stinger for jaunts around if we don't need the big vehicle. We also have a Mustang convertible for those fun days as we call them.
This man has it all figured out.

Tellmeride

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
We just bought ours in September. Downsized from a Ford Expedition. My wife likes to drive larger vehicles for better visibility and to feel safer with all of the pickups on the roads. We are almost 60 and look forward to many road trips and some snowbirding during the winter months. The Telluride is much quieter, has substantially better fuel economy, safety equipment that wasn't yet invented when our '05 Expedition was designed and built. In the end it is a personal decision based on your particular situation and desires in a vehicle.View attachment 4771View attachment 4772
Hey, this tellmeride is just like mine, and that 🐶... is almost just like mine.

Wap52

Black Copper SXP AWD Dune Brown with Towing
Reaction score
our next got empty like 21 years ago but have our first grandchild due in Jan. But bought the Telluride to pull my boat since my truck started acting up. So sold the truck and wife has her Crossfire Coupe and I have the Telluride. Plus the Telluride will work great for us to take some road trips which we have already done. The Telluride is a wonderful car on the highways and you will love the HDA with the cruise. If you are thinking of getting one prepare for a wait that is well worth the wait. Anyway welcome to the forum and stay safe.

bogie

Reaction score
I'm 65...

After driving a Tribute for 12 years, then an Escape (basically the same vehicle) for 7 years... started searching 3-1/2 years ago for a new vehicle...

I agree with OP on "no large 5 seater currently in the market that gets me excited".

Decided I deserved something larger, more comfortable, more tech, sharp looking and can tow our two motorcycles...

With the Telluride giving better looks, better mileage, better warranty, more passenger and cargo room - all for less money - how can it be wrong!

OK, OK... it'll come in handy with the 4 grandkids and the grandpuppy, too.