No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Espresso Interior Photos?

dejock70

Reaction score
We have ordered a Snow White SX FWD with Expresso Brown Interior. The only pictures I have seen here are from a SX in Canada. It though shows a brown steering wheel and the color is no where near as dark as on the website. On the KIA website it shows a black steering wheel. Can anyone that has purchased a US SX with Expresso Brown provide pictures? Thanks so much
I'm taking delivery on a dark moss+espresso brown US SX on 6/30. I'll post some pics. Can't wait!

kmkia

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The KIA Website is way darker than the pictures I have seen of the Canadian SX espresso . Website shows black steering wheel. Canadian version is brown. Cant wait to see Dejock70 espresso pictures!

Kirkaiya

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
The KIA Website is way darker than the pictures I have seen of the Canadian SX espresso . Website shows black steering wheel. Canadian version is brown. Cant wait to see Dejock70 espresso pictures!
I posted a YouTube video I found of a Telluride with Espresso interior, it was clearly in the U.S., and had the brown steering wheel. So my assumption is that the Kia website is wrong/outdated. We'll see. I'm fine either way :cool:

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Did they change the espresso interior? I see pictures where EVERYTHING is brown, but the interior on the website builder shows black with just the brown leather, similar to how the dune comes.
To simplify manufacturing, this would seem to make sense - just another leather color. But, it did show previously all brown with dash and steering wheel, so we need a definitive answer.

TRide05

Reaction score
To simplify manufacturing, this would seem to make sense - just another leather color. But, it did show previously all brown with dash and steering wheel, so we need a definitive answer.
Yes. Hopefully if ordered today, it would look as advertised. If that's true, I don't know what that means for those who already ordered some time ago and are still waiting.

I like it better with the black personally. It makes the color of the leather stand out more, in a good way.

Kirkaiya

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes. Hopefully if ordered today, it would look as advertised. If that's true, I don't know what that means for those who already ordered some time ago and are still waiting.

I like it better with the black personally. It makes the color of the leather stand out more, in a good way.
I don't recall the Kia website ever showing a brown steering wheel - when I looked at it over the summer, it showed black. The few actual Tellurides that show up on the internet with espresso brown all have brown steering wheels, though, so I suspect this is just the website color-picker is incorrect. I would guess that the website isn't showing an actual Telluride espresso interior - I would bet it's just been updated in Photoshop for each interior color (it's possible they did use an actual vehicle, but that it was a pre-production model, I suppose).

TRide05

Reaction score
I don't recall the Kia website ever showing a brown steering wheel - when I looked at it over the summer, it showed black. The few actual Tellurides that show up on the internet with espresso brown all have brown steering wheels, though, so I suspect this is just the website color-picker is incorrect. I would guess that the website isn't showing an actual Telluride espresso interior - I would bet it's just been updated in Photoshop for each interior color (it's possible they did use an actual vehicle, but that it was a pre-production model, I suppose).
You're probably right, though I would be very angry if I had ordered one, waited all that time, and it showed up looking that different. If the Kia website is not accurate about something that major, that's a huge mistake on their part and I'm surprised they haven't had complaints and fixed it by this point. That's the only reason I thought maybe they actually changed it. Will be interesting to see if they did.

Kirkaiya

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
You're probably right, though I would be very angry if I had ordered one, waited all that time, and it showed up looking that different. If the Kia website is not accurate about something that major, that's a huge mistake on their part and I'm surprised they haven't had complaints and fixed it by this point. That's the only reason I thought maybe they actually changed it. Will be interesting to see if they did.
Yeah, I originally had a dark moss with espresso brown on order, but the dealer eventually cancelled my order a d refunded the deposit because they weren't getting allocations. I ended up buying a SX-P with the dune brown interior, which has the black steering wheel, and black headliner.

Tino

Reaction score
Yeah, I originally had a dark moss with espresso brown on order, but the dealer eventually cancelled my order a d refunded the deposit because they weren't getting allocations. I ended up buying a SX-P with the dune brown interior, which has the black steering wheel, and black headliner.
Any chance that you could post some pics of your dune interior?

cmoses

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score

Tellurowe

Reaction score
Interesting...yeah there is a large brown piece underneath the arm rest. And mine is brand new, have had it 3 weeks now. Wondering maybe it has to do with exterior color? Mine is dark moss. We had test driven a black on black EX and I could have sworn the “wood trim” was lighter in that vehicle than what is in mine.

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Even the Dune Brown interiors have changed. I just saw a Snow White Pearl with Dune Brown interior. The doors were all black except for the padded armrest that was Dune Brown leather. Yours have the large brown piece with the Dune Brown armrest above it. Those now seem to be black.
Yes, that was actually a suggestion from this forum. Not sure if Kia took it from here... but it would seem to simplify production with only black color panels. Wish mine were all black!

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Mine is dark moss. We had test driven a black on black EX and I could have sworn the “wood trim” was lighter in that vehicle than what is in mine.
Interesting you mention the faux wood trim. It does look like it has changed a bit from the original design. In all but the Dune Brown it was a lighter, more grey tone wood. In the Dune Brown, it was a more yellow-brown wood tone and a bit darker. Maybe it has changed now - perhaps all the wood trims are the same? This would all point to simpler production methods to speed up delivery.

Tellurowe

Reaction score
I personally like the additional brown pieces as I think it helps break up the all black. Yes mine looks the same as kirkaiya’s vehicle