No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Extra Clips for Rear Sunshade

Tenacity85

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they sell extra clips for the rear sunshades? Are they the same as the Sorento ones? We need extras, as we (ok, my 8 yo daughter) popped/broke one out trying to put up the shade on the first day we got the car. I have a feeling we will need a backup inventory for the life of the vehicle...kids are fun!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jeffo65

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I am sure you will be able to buy them if you know the part number. I do not know if they are the same as the Sorento. I also need one as I broke it catching my coat on it.

jeffo65

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they sell extra clips for the rear sunshades? Are they the same as the Sorento ones? We need extras, as we (ok, my 8 yo daughter) popped/broke one out trying to put up the shade on the first day we got the car. I have a feeling we will need a backup inventory for the life of the vehicle...kids are fun!
Looking on kiapartsnow.com it appears it is part number H83912 Hook-Rear Door Curtain. The clip for a Sorrento is part number 83912C5000, so very similar.

Tenacity85

Reaction score
Looking on kiapartsnow.com it appears it is part number H83912 Hook-Rear Door Curtain. The clip for a Sorrento is part number 83912C5000, so very similar.
I saw that, but wasn’t 100% they were the same.

Lefty556

Reaction score
How do you get those suckers back in? Mine fell off and I cant pop it back in.
Never mind, found out you separate into two pieces. First piece into the hole and then slide hook piece into middle of it and it expands the plastic to stay in place.

G

G-931094

Only had it two weeks and it just fell out on it's own, no kids tugging on it. Shut the door then it just popped out. Other one was found to be a little loose. Should superglue those plastic together ;)

Tenacity85

Reaction score
Only had it two weeks and it just fell out on it's own, no kids tugging on it. Shut the door then it just popped out. Other one was found to be a little loose. Should superglue those plastic together ;)
I was thinking about that. But knowing me, I’d superglue myself to the damn window.

Mr.JB

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ours came out also and no kids were involved.
My wife handed me both pieces.
I knew it would come out again, so I mixed up some 5 minute epoxy and put it on the tabs that will go into the holes of the door window frame. Before it set, I put he second piece into the first. I made sure everything was aligned and looked right.

I figured that epoxy was my best option as a replacement piece would have the same problem as the hole in the window frame is a bit too large.

Lefty556

Reaction score
I want to just use a dab of glue in case it needs to legit come out later. Like if the lip breaks. But this is ridiculous and cheap to be happening in a $$$ car.

Hmellish

Reaction score
Broke on mr also. No kid involved. Put shades up at dealership. 2 weeks later clip just broke. Thanks for the part number