No soliciting permitted.

First road trip towing

StungTelly

Reaction score
We recently went on a 2500ish mile road trip using our new trailer and it was great. Didn't even feel like I was pulling anything. Granted it's a small trailer, but it's nice to know I can fill up the telly with 6 people and tow everyone's stuff without any problem at all. Ok nevermind, one problem... California seems to think that I should only be doing 55mph with this or any trailer on the back. It wouldn't be a road trip without a ticket from CHP I guess. It was still a fun trip and even better it was a comfortable one.

IMG_0351.JPG

Socal949

Reaction score
We recently went on a 2500ish mile road trip using our new trailer and it was great. Didn't even feel like I was pulling anything. Granted it's a small trailer, but it's nice to know I can fill up the telly with 6 people and tow everyone's stuff without any problem at all. Ok nevermind, one problem... California seems to think that I should only be doing 55mph with this or any trailer on the back. It wouldn't be a road trip without a ticket from CHP I guess. It was still a fun trip and even better it was a comfortable one.

View attachment 23329
Looks awesome!! If you donā€™t mind what trailer is that on the back? Mind sharing the info on it and the cost as well. šŸ˜

StungTelly

Reaction score
Looks awesome!! If you donā€™t mind what trailer is that on the back? Mind sharing the info on it and the cost as well. šŸ˜
It's a Space Trailer. When I was looking around I wanted something on the smaller side that I could use with luggage or camping and this fit my needs perfectly. I can strap bikes, kayaks, etc to the top, and I can take the top off as well to tow around larger items if needed. has a 1,000lb capacity and the trailer empty only weighs 625lbs. They have a few other options you can have added when you build out a trailer, such as a pop-up tent that mounts to the top, but I was not wanting to go that route with mine.

Socal949

Reaction score
It's a Space Trailer. When I was looking around I wanted something on the smaller side that I could use with luggage or camping and this fit my needs perfectly. I can strap bikes, kayaks, etc to the top, and I can take the top off as well to tow around larger items if needed. has a 1,000lb capacity and the trailer empty only weighs 625lbs. They have a few other options you can have added when you build out a trailer, such as a pop-up tent that mounts to the top, but I was not wanting to go that route with mine.
Great thanks I appreciate the fast reply. Anywhere I can specifically order this or should be looking?

StungTelly

Reaction score
Great thanks I appreciate the fast reply. Anywhere I can specifically order this or should be looking?
I ordered directly from their site. I don't think they have any distributors out there right now. They are based in Minnesota.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

anotherlostmonkey

Reaction score
I've been really debating on getting a space trailer. Luckily we're at the end of the outdoor season for the most part now. So i have another year to debate.

Is there anything you don't like about it?

StungTelly

Reaction score
I've been really debating on getting a space trailer. Luckily we're at the end of the outdoor season for the most part now. So i have another year to debate.

Is there anything you don't like about it?
Nothing I can really think of from the trip. I guess my biggest dislike is that I can't find enough reasons to use it right now, so it feels like a big purchase for only one trip at the moment, lol. I just need to get more travel adventures planned. And adventures that don't involve CA, lol.

nightfall your telluride
Get your luxury badges right here in the Telluride forum store
Kia Telluride Clubs
Protect your vehicle from code scanners