No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Fog Light Question

Turtle12

Reaction score
Since fog lights are only available in SX trim, would dealers offer them as a dealer-installed accessory for lower level models? If not, will the wiring already be there to make for a fairly easy install?

Enmckee1018

Reaction score
I am interested in this option as well. I used my fog light on my Subaru quite a bit and would love them on my EX model.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
My guess is you can’t since the steering wheel lever switch that normally controls the fog light is missing. Even if the wiring harnesses is configured for the fog light you’ll also need to retrofit the lever.

Enmckee1018

Reaction score
My guess is you can’t since the steering wheel lever switch that normally controls the fog light is missing. Even if the wiring harnesses is configured for the fog light you’ll also need to retrofit the lever.
My Sub required the retrofit and it wasn’t that difficult actually. The fog light setup was already wired in and the control switch was just an swap out to a replacement lever. It all came as one unit. Easy peasy Lemon squeezy. I hope the upgrade to the Telluride would be as simple.

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
What does the switch look like in the console of the higher trims with the OEM fog lights?

My S bumper has some plastic where the fog lights are in the SX. :confused:

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Michi-Tell

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If the SX also has it then you're probably right ernysan. SX fog lights are to the outside of where the item in question is.

Enmckee1018

Reaction score
Thanks for the info/part correction! Sorry if I confused people!

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I would like to add the fog lights to my S trim. Has anyone accomplished this yet?
Were you hoping to install on the sides like the SX? Since I noticed the S has some plastic where the lights would go, I was thinking of mounting an LED bar hidden behind the grille.

ernysan

Reaction score
Were you hoping to install on the sides like the SX? Since I noticed the S has some plastic where the lights would go, I was thinking of mounting an LED bar hidden behind the grille.
post some pics if you done that

Huey3149

Reaction score
I have an EX model. I was told there was an aftermarket fog light kit coming in August. I understand the vehicle is prewired already. All it needs is the turn signal lever replaced which will have the new fog light switch in it, a relay and new fog lights that fit in the plastic panels that are there now.