No soliciting permitted.

Fog Light Question

MichaelD

Reaction score
Thanks @Tellyrideforwife , it's strange because after calling the dealership they said, no, we can't install SX accessories on the EX. I was calling in referencing the fog lights and the interior LED illumination. Maybe they just didn't want the business.

jw_tx21

SUSTAINING MEMBER
FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks @Tellyrideforwife , it's strange because after calling the dealership they said, no, we can't install SX accessories on the EX. I was calling in referencing the fog lights and the interior LED illumination. Maybe they just didn't want the business.
Just get those done aftermarket. If you want them to work with headlights, you might need a different controller on steering wheel which can be ordered.

MichaelD

Reaction score
I was able to find a great button shop, still haven't had anything installed yet. The custom shop I went to before Covid suggested putting a light bar in the space below the grille. Seemed like a pretty cool idea.

Last edited:

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I happened to notice that in the UAE the Telluride is being sold with two trim levels, LX and GT-Line. The LX in Dubai appears to look more like the S in the US market because it has the roof rails and 20" wheels. But in the Dubai LX, all the pictures I have seen have fog lights in them.
1595513491920.png
I wonder if they are a retrofit option on the US Tellurides?

Last edited:

MichaelD

Reaction score
I happened to notice that in the UAE the Telluride is being sold with two trim levels, LX and GT-Line. The LX in Dubai appears to look more like the S in the US market because it has the roof rails and 20" wheels. But in the Dubau LX, all the pictures I have seen have fog lights in them.
View attachment 8534
I wonder if they are a retrofit option on the US Tellurides?
Interesting

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Dutch

Reaction score
Does anyone know with certainty whether a 2021 EX can have LED fog lights added without getting the Nightfall Edition package?

None of the "What's New" information I've seen about the 2021s says that it's available, and the dealer I've been working with doesn't have an answer (as far as they can tell, the answer is no), but on the Kia site when you do a Build, it shows them as an option to be added (see below).

View attachment 8552

NCTelly

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Does anyone know with certainty whether a 2021 EX can have LED fog lights added without getting the Nightfall Edition package?

None of the "What's New" information I've seen about the 2021s says that it's available, and the dealer I've been working with doesn't have an answer (as far as they can tell, the answer is no), but on the Kia site when you do a Build, it shows them as an option to be added (see below).

View attachment 8552
It must not require the Nightfall Edition package, because the Fog Light Option for $450 is even available on the LX now. I don't think you can buy the LX with a Nightfall Ed. Looks like Fog Lights are an Option for every trim just like the Rear Entertainment System option that just showed up without any mention in the What's New docs. I'm guessing they added removed plastic inserts in the 2021 bumper lower grille for the LX and S to make this possible. I guess we'll have to wait for a part # to confirm.

Dutch

Reaction score
It must not require the Nightfall Edition package, because the Fog Light Option for $450 is even available on the LX now. I don't think you can buy the LX with a Nightfall Ed. Looks like Fog Lights are an Option for every trim just like the Rear Entertainment System option that just showed up without any mention in the What's New docs. I'm guessing they added removed plastic inserts in the 2021 bumper lower grille for the LX and S to make this possible. I guess we'll have to wait for a part # to confirm.
Good thought, that would make sense. I wonder how they'll solve for the controls on the stem; maybe it'll be there by default on all trims as well.