No soliciting permitted.

Register Log in

Folding Cargo Tray Mat

Elayex

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Does anyone have the folding cargo tray mat?

How do you like it?

Will it cause stuff to slide around while driving?

What is "folding" about it? Does it just fold back on itself when the third row is up?

Last edited:

critrider

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Just picked this one up...maybe not as good as some future Weathertech but all I need. Don't have it yet, but they are designed to fold when the 3rd row is up. I never use the 3rd row seats so its a non issue for me. $104 shipped is decent...

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I have it, it’s ok but it doesn’t fold flat. It folds down to a small size, allowing the 3rd seat to open.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Stuff does slide on it as it’s more of a hard plastic vs rubberized. Made a Costco run and didn't fill the back. First stop sign and everything slid around.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Buckeye-TRide

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s honestly kind of annoying because it doesn’t fold completely flat in the back so when you drive over bumps is slaps together and rattles. Might take it out and only use it when hauling dirty cargo.

Elayex

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Ended up getting one. Mine doesn't rattle around and it lays flat.

Crazymom5

Reaction score
Does it have a split in it so you can fold down just one section of seats? I really want a mat but many times we will only be putting down one section of the 3rd row, not both. I also hope they come out with a mat that fits in the sunken trunk space.

jazzyone

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
No, it does not split, it only folds (barely). I guess you can take a razor to it and modify it yourself but it may not turn out too well when folded since it does not fold flat.

Last edited:

cliffnerd5

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hoping for some good after market options soon.

Tim-in-CA

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
What about getting a cargo net for the back , I have an all season liner in my Stinger and use the net to keep things from moving around and it works great !
I never found those to be too helpful either for my use. I just keep a moving blanket back there as a buffer and also picked up some collapsible crates to keep small purchases in

MJ Johnson

Reaction score
Does anyone have the folding cargo tray mat?

How do you like it?

Will it cause stuff to slide around while driving?

What is "folding" about it? Does it just fold back on itself when the third row is up?
I bought the demo with 3,000 miles on it. It came with rug Matt’s all around and the back fold up cargo mat (my husband would def have ordered one if it didn’t come with it) it folds manually and takes about 3 seconds.also came with cargo net. We in the past always ordered one for our cars for transporting plants, pool chemicals etc. I am beginning to think we got a great deal on ours with all the extras and only 3,000 miles on it. But yes they have been very handy to have and just wash off with garden hose if something spills.

Groceries after I picked it up nothing shifted, and I have driven it several times in 2 days and mine lays flat and I do not hear any rattling

Last edited:

Enmckee1018

Reaction score
I’m Like others here who rarely use the 3rd seat. Mine folds flat and I use the cargo net. It can be used envelope style or flat. Yes, stuff will slide around just like it would on any hard surface cargo mat unless you anchor it somehow. Know you’re gonna Mario Andretti those corners and tie your stuff down! 😀

Karam.31

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I’m Like others here who rarely use the 3rd seat. Mine folds flat and I use the cargo net. It can be used envelope style or flat. Yes, stuff will slide around just like it would on any hard surface cargo mat unless you anchor it somehow. Know you’re gonna Mario Andretti those corners and tie your stuff down! 😀
I've never had a Cargo net. I'm getting both the net and the tray. Can you explain the envelope vs floor position for the net a little more? Thank you!

MJ Johnson

Reaction score
I've never had a Cargo net. I'm getting both the net and the tray. Can you explain the envelope vs floor position for the net a little more? Thank you!
I will tomorrow. it is still in the packaging and I haven’t even opened yet lol. I will try it tomorrow and take some pics for you.

MJ Johnson

Reaction score
Thanks so much!!
I think I misunderstood you. The mat folds so that is fits on the floor flat and unfolds for back seat down and another flap for both back rows down. Is keeps the carpet from getting ruined. It was already in the vehicle when I got it, folds to perfectly fit with each row.

The nettingIf it is like I had in a previous vehicle, attaches to the sides and you put stuff in or behind it to keep things from shifting. I will do photos of both tomorrow