No soliciting permitted.

Folding mirrors to go through car wash

Hmellish

Reaction score
Could not find out how to do this in any of the instruction booklets. Finally noticed there is an additional button in front of the rear view mirror adjustment button. It closes the mirrors to get through the car wash without damage or into a narrow garage

jw_tx21

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Could not find out how to do this in any of the instruction booklets. Finally noticed there is an additional button in front of the rear view mirror adjustment button. It closes the mirrors to get through the car wash without damage or into a narrow garage

Yes.

G

G-646832

So just to clarify, I can power fold the mirrors on the Telluride EX while pulling into my garage? I assumed you had to be in “park” to fold them in for safety purposes, but that doesn’t seem to be the case, correct?

Hmellish

Reaction score
So just to clarify, I can power fold the mirrors on the Telluride EX while pulling into my garage? I assumed you had to be in “park” to fold them in for safety purposes, but that doesn’t seem to be the case, correct?
There’s a button on the left arm rest, right at the very front. Button will fold them. Don’t forget to take your windshield washers off auto

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

drizzt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
There’s a button on the left arm rest, right at the very front. Button will fold them. Don’t forget to take your windshield washers off auto

Thought this was SX only feature. Just verified the button on my EX!

Kao

Reaction score
Can someone take a picture to show us? Why do we want to take windshield wipers off auto? This will be helpful for those of us still waiting for our cars.😁

WD80PD

Reaction score
Can someone take a picture to show us? Why do we want to take windshield wipers off auto? This will be helpful for those of us still waiting for our cars.😁
The wipers will engage during the car wash, get caught on the brushes and risk damaging the wiper.

drizzt

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Kao, I believe Hmellish is talking about is the rain sensing auto wipe feature not present in EX, so I could care less. :sneaky:

1584402484101.png

Kao

Reaction score
Thanks WD80PD and drizzt for explaining. Can't wait to get my Telly to check this all out. I'm learning so much here from everyone.

ucinn

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, the SX Prestige with the rain sensing wipers, you'll want to turn them off