Welcome to the Ad-Free KIA Telluride Community!

Please register with the BIGGEST and busiest Telluride community online. We'd LOVE to have you! Please note: This is an ADVERTISEMENT FREE community! No advertising is permitted. None.

Register Log in

Folding Mirrors

Odti3vom

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If you switch the mirror button from the auto (neutral) position to - I think - the left mirror position they won’t fold when you lock. This is the button that picks which mirror you are going to adjust.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

steelersmb

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
If you switch the mirror button from the auto (neutral) position to - I think - the left mirror position they won’t fold when you lock. This is the button that picks which mirror you are going to adjust.
This doesn't work either.

cheeks80

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Is there an option to fold the mirrors while driving. Eg. When i am backing out of my garage and there is possibility that i might hit the mirrors ?

steelersmb

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Is there an option to fold the mirrors while driving. Eg. When i am backing out of my garage and there is possibility that i might hit the mirrors ?
I don't think so automatically but there is the button to do it. I had that happen on my Ford Explorer a few years ago and cost me $800 to fix so it's an expensive lesson.

StephenCantrelle

FOUNDING MEMBER
AUTHORIZED DEALER
Reaction score
Yes it is the above the controls that adjust the side mirrors and windows. There is 3 positions.. set to far right to fold mirrors in, have in the middle will automatically adjust mirrors in and out when car is locked and unlocked.. set to far left to not fold in and stay in fixed folded out position.

*** power folding mirrors are on EX and SX models

If you are on the LX or S model you can still fold in mirrors but by hand.

Last edited:

GravityGal

Reaction score
I tried setting the left-right mirror adjustment switch to the center/neutral position as my instruction manual said to disable the automatic folding/unfolding of the mirrors when locking/unlocking the vehicle to disable the automatic function. It did not work. Nor did it work in the left or right position.

But...I read about the "Welcoming Mirror" function and went into my settings and unchecked this option and that took care of the mirror folding/unfolding upon locking/unlocking!
I have an EX. Now I can use the button above the left/right switch to decide when to fold or unfold my mirrors.

earlgrey

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
I tried setting the left-right mirror adjustment switch to the center/neutral position as my instruction manual said to disable the automatic folding/unfolding of the mirrors when locking/unlocking the vehicle to disable the automatic function. It did not work. Nor did it work in the left or right position.

But...I read about the "Welcoming Mirror" function and went into my settings and unchecked this option and that took care of the mirror folding/unfolding upon locking/unlocking!
I have an EX. Now I can use the button above the left/right switch to decide when to fold or unfold my mirrors.
I believe the side mirror adjustment, where you switch between the left and right side mirror does have a purpose. If you do not leave it in the center, when you reverse the side mirrors will tilt down. Putting the switch back in the center disables the tilt down on reverse.