No soliciting permitted.

Found an SXP for MSRP for delivery within a month!

Telluride Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I searched high and low and eventually found my Telly three hours from home in Brooklyn. I called 50+ dealerships and finally hit a home run. Paid last week and I'll be picking it up next week.

Black copper / black.

I'll post a positive review after I pick it up 👍
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your brand new Telluride! What will the Telluride be replacing for you? I'm glad you found us. :)

wazslow

FOUNDING MEMBER
Reaction score
Hi all!

I searched high and low and eventually found my Telly three hours from home in Brooklyn. I called 50+ dealerships and finally hit a home run. Paid last week and I'll be picking it up next week.

Black copper / black.

I'm assuming when you say "paid", you mean you put down a deposit? Just watch the pricing when you actually sign the paperwork and pickup the car. Many people have been in your position and then find out there is thousands in extra dealer fees (paint protection, nitrogen in tires, pin stripe) added to the price, or they just mark up the MSRP and don't tell you until you go to pick it up. Hopefully that's not the case, just be on the lookout.

CasperT

Reaction score
Hi all!

Black copper / black.

Nice! Could you share the dealership? (You don’t have to). I found my SXP after calling a dealership In Rochester NY which is 5+ hours away from my northern NJ home. It’s a long journey but a road trip makes for a great maiden voyage.

bvj126

Reaction score
I'm assuming when you say "paid", you mean you put down a deposit? Just watch the pricing when you actually sign the paperwork and pickup the car. Many people have been in your position and then find out there is thousands in extra dealer fees (paint protection, nitrogen in tires, pin stripe) added to the price, or they just mark up the MSRP and don't tell you until you go to pick it up. Hopefully that's not the case, just be on the lookout.
Thats very true, I thought I found a telluride which had everything I was looking for with no market adjustment only to discover the dealership adds a $3000.00 buyer protection plan which cannot be deleted... I'll pass

disweds12

Reaction score
This is actually my first new car ever and my first car since 2001! 🚀
have you been using public trans these last 19 yrs in the city? With that savings, you should be able to walk up to any dealer and slap cash on the table. Good on you! And welcome to the black copper club!

Gphilipson

Reaction score
I’m assuming this is 3 hours from Brooklyn? I had to read again to understand. I thought that was strange as I know there is only one dealer in Brooklyn (Plaza Kia) and they don’t sell stock at MSRP and I didn’t have the best experience when asking about placing an order at MSRP when I asked after test driving an S trim. They refused to let me test drive the EXP they also had at the time. Then they called me a handful of time
the next week to offer me their “friends and family factory pricing”.

I’m in Brooklyn too and ended up getting my Grey SXP in February at MSRP about 250 miles from home at Garvey Kia in Queensberry NY.

Good luck and I would definitely try to get the final numbers ASAP and certainly prior to showing up at the dealership.

bvj126

Reaction score
have you been using public trans these last 19 yrs in the city? With that savings, you should be able to walk up to any dealer and slap cash on the table. Good on you! And welcome to the black copper club!
I have yet to see a black copper in person... Is it like a black with copper color pearl in the paint?

disweds12

Reaction score
I have yet to see a black copper in person... Is it like a black with copper color pearl in the paint?

I'm still waiting on mine, but before I ordered the color, I did get a chance to see it. I post the thread because there's a lot of conversation and pictures in here. Unfortunately, you have to see it up close to get a true sense of the color, but it is uniquely beautiful and that's what the misses wanted. To answer your question (as you'll find in the thread), it looks black most of the time. In the sun, you'll see the copper flake pop. Some would say the copper offsets the black and gives off a purple-ish hue. I believe the best defined name for it is a 'root beer' color.

eric-nyc

Reaction score
I've been biking for all that time around the city! Even so, I'm doing the 1.9% lease, which I expect to pay off early, to avoid having to lose that cash in the mean time. I hear cars beget houses.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Telluride? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

eric-nyc

Reaction score
I’m assuming this is 3 hours from Brooklyn? I had to read again to understand. I thought that was strange as I know there is only one dealer in Brooklyn (Plaza Kia) and they don’t sell stock at MSRP and I didn’t have the best experience when asking about placing an order at MSRP when I asked after test driving an S trim. They refused to let me test drive the EXP they also had at the time. Then they called me a handful of time
the next week to offer me their “friends and family factory pricing”.

I’m in Brooklyn too and ended up getting my Grey SXP in February at MSRP about 250 miles from home at Garvey Kia in Queensberry NY.

Good luck and I would definitely try to get the final numbers ASAP and certainly prior to showing up at the dealership.
Yeah this is three hours from Brooklyn. After I pick it up next week I'll give them a positive review. We did go out to test drive one at Plaza but they are asking well above MSRP as you noted. They also only let us test drive the one that was out - but that was good enough for me to know this was going to be a great car to get.

I am doing my best to get all of the paperwork they want me to sign at pick up before I arrive.

TWW

Reaction score
Avoid Brooklyn Plaza Kia by all means, don't wanna repeat my nightmares with them.